Chapter 12

Chapter 12
Lost in My Blood
Charlie Puth
918 Words
~
Screw that girl Sarah. Coming in like a knight in shining armour, patching up everyone's boo boos. So innocent, right? Never. Shawn's been so wrapped up with her, he completely ignores me. I get a hey or good job every now and then.

He was my best friend. I wanted all the happiness in the world for him, but not anymore. I don't exactly hate him, I hate Sarah. His head is up on cloud nine now. It's so adorable of course, they're dating, good for you buddy. I'm glad that he's happy but this is too far, he's happy but he's taken.

Not for long. I'll have that girl. I don't want to date her, I hate the thought of even kissing her. She'll be mine. I'll give them a few weeks to settle into their mindset of safety, like nothing could happen. Then I'll bring them back to the real world. Game on, Mendes.

~ Sarah Wilson POV
I spent the rest of my day off in LA with my family while Shawn did some press and whatever. They all seem to be approving of him, thank god. It's nice to be home, away from the stress of the world.

My mom still hasn't done anything with my room. It's untouched. I try to remind her that I won't be back for a while, this tour is on for another few months at the least.

I head back around 6pm because Andrew planned a dinner for everyone before our flight to San Diego. I say goodbye and go straight to the restaurant "Reservation under the name Andrew Gertler?" The waitress finds it and leads me to a table.

The band and Andrew are here, but we're still waiting for Shawn and other management staff. We decide to order our drinks and they all come shortly after. I have at least twenty hours until the events start so I get a glass of wine.

Apparently, I don't take alcohol well but I never remember so they could be lying! I pair the bittersweet wine with my favourite, chicken Alfredo.

We interrupt the dinner briefly to say goodbye to Charlie. He decided to fly down to San Diego early because he has friends there he wants to visit or something.

The wine starts kicking in so I sit back and let the night take me away.

~ Shawn Mendes POV
Sarah's all bubbly, talking to any and everyone about random things. She had barely five sips of her wine! I'm glad I'm not often gifted alcohol or she'd be a nutcase. I am most definitely not letting her anywhere near keys anytime soon.

I settle in my seat as she captivates all the attention in the room. My mind wanders but I still recognize her complete disorientation. I get worried, knowing this could be used against her. One shot of vodka, a few minutes, and she'd be up for grabs. I soothe my nerves by reminding myself that I'm never, ever going to let that happen.

Nothing will happen to her, to us, for as long as I live. She'll never be alone, I promised her that.

Andrew leaves early to get all our bags from the hotel to the airport, while I try to calm Sarah down. She's not nervous or anything but she's crazily hyper.

She changes instantly just like I turned a switch in her, getting touchy and tired. I let her have my hoodie and we all end up leaving. The ride to the airport is relatively quiet, Sarah only speaking up when she thought the traffic lights were "pretty." That gave my team a good laugh.

I take pictures with fans once we get there, making sure Sarah's getting to the gate safely first. I tweet "See you soon San Diego!" and get on the plane, sitting in front of Sarah.

I get a makeup wipe from my stylist and try to take off her makeup before she falls asleep but she grabs my hands "Don't touch, my boyfriend will be grumpy." I laugh softly, she's adorable. "Sweetheart, I am your boyfriend." She smiles "Shawnnn, I love youuu." I take off her makeup carefully "I love you too, get some rest."

~ Sarah Wilson POV
I wake up and look around, the bright lights making my head throb. I check the time and it's about six am. I sit up slowly and see Shawn scrolling through his phone infront of me "Babe, could you get me some Advil and water? Please?" He puts down his phone instantly "Of course, good morning too."

He gets me the painkillers and I take them down with the water. I brush my teeth and get dressed "How bad was I?" He shrugs "Not that bad. You were really jumpy and then you were super chilled out." Eh, I'll take that. I could've done worse.

We all head to the venue and go through the typical routine. There were a few fans who passed out but it only took them one visit from Shawn and they were perfectly fine again.

Charlie's been eyeing us for a while but I'm sure I'm over thinking it. The main show starts and I see fans holding up signs with our ship name on it and stuff. I'm glad they're all supportive. I'm surprised, literally no one is not happy with us being together.

A/N: Thanks for reading and remember to vote and comment! ❤️