Chapter 9

Chapter 9
Lost In My Blood
Shawn Mendes
1015 Words
~

I know she didn't fall. She'd have cuts on the back of her head or her arms. Not her neck. I know it's not fake either, she had bled through the bandage and she wouldn't go that far to cover up one kiss. There weren't hickeys either. So. The big question. Who the hell hurt her and where are they? I'm not the one who's able to touch her and they are! They're not touching her to make her feel loved either, they're touching her to hurt her.

I try to shove it to the back of my mind as I pack my stuff because our flight leaves in a few hours. My team and I have a plan for Sarah. I desperately want to hear her sing. So, Andrew is going to figure out her favourite song first. I think he's gonna get her to do a live stream on Instagram. I'll propose the idea to her to do a Q&A. He'll DM a fan to ask her and boom. Favourite song. Then, at my next show in Oakland I'll get my set manager to record her singing. It won't be perfect since there's all the background sound of girls screaming and me singing but it's still a recording of her singing at the end of the day. Once I'm that far, I'll invite her to one of my lessons with my voice coach. As soon as everything is perfected, I will convince her to sing on stage. It's going to be horrendously hard, she's stubborn. But I'll get away with it, I'm sure.

~

Everyone plays it cool on the way to the airport and I feel confident enough in our plan. Its not obviously suspicious and there's not too many chances to mess it up either. I walk into the plane with a bit more of a bounce in my step, taking my usual seat alongside Sarah. Step one, in action.

~ Sarah Wilson POV
I'm scrolling through my phone when Andrew walks up to me "Hey Sarah, maybe you should do a livestream. I've had quite a few fans ask me if you're gonna do one." Eh, why not. "Sure! What am I gonna talk about though?" Andrew starts to answer my question when Shawn buts in "Just do a Q&A." I agree and fix my hair before going live on Instagram. "Hey guys! I'm gonna do a Q&A today. Send in your questions!" Within seconds I have hundreds of viewers. I'm getting mostly normal questions, I think. I see "favourite song" being asked quite a few times. I have to think about it, there's a lot. "Like This by Shawn. It's so underrated." Very underrated, even Shawn said it's his least favourite! I think it's perfect but whatever. I wrap up the livestream a few minutes before we land.

~ Shawn Mendes POV
Mission accomplished. Her favourite song is Like This. It's on my Illuminate album so it'll be much easier to fit in into my shows. Now in a good six hours we'll start step two. We all get off the flight and hang out in the hotel a little. I'm bored of the sleeping arrangements right now, Andrew is never up to talk and snores loudly. I'm sure Charlie or Sarah wouldn't do that. Charlie's been kinda dodgy this tour. He still talks to me but it's always short and sweet. Maybe it's just exhaustion from all the travel.

Time passes and we go to the venue. Sarah is all dressed in her scrubs and vest, diligently looking out for danger. Before I go on for sound check I ask Andrew to take Sarah away once I go in for soundcheck. "Just fake a bad cough or something, don't care. Thanks!" I know he'll do it so I head up to the stage. The fans cheer and I see Sarah running out the doors with her walkie talkie to her ear on cue. I have the best management in the world. I say hi to all of them and get the same thrilling response that consistently reminds me of why I do this. I sign a few songs but keep my fans in for a minute longer "Okay, I have a big favour to ask. It's gotta stay secret though, sounds good?" They all agree enthusiastically "Great! Who's going to be at the LA show?" A few hands go up. "Okay, contact anyone you know who will be going. At that show, Sarah's going to sing something. When she does, I'm going to sneak up behind her and ask her to be my girlfriend. Shh, shh. I need that arena to stay quiet so she doesn't look back at me until I get beside her. Think you could do that?" The crowd cheers in unanimous agreement. "Thank you guys! Bye!" I head off the stage and down to first aid where I find Sarah and Andrew. I mouth thank you to him and ask Sarah to come for my meet and greet and Q&A. She agrees happily, as always.

All goes smooth and it's t minus thirty minutes for step two to happen. I've talked with the set manager and he's in on it too. I do my vocal warm ups as everyone gets set up. I check the time and Charlie has just started his opening act. I'm sure Sarah's already singing along and the set manager is recording. Here we go. I get on stage and Sarah's still giving me the thumbs up. It honestly always gives me a boost to do my best. I go through my set list and she's signing along to me too. Can't wait to hear what the set manager recorded. The show ends and everyone is grouped up in my dressing room. I step aside with the set manager and he plays me the recordings. She's perfect. I text my vocal coach "Fly with me. Gate 4, 2am."

A/N: Thanks for reading and remember to vote and comment! ❤️