Chapter 21

Chapter 21
Lost In My Blood
Shawn Mendes
973 Words
~

It's truly the most beautiful thing ever. First of all, she's so much happier than I think I've ever seen her. She's radiating that to everyone too.

She makes dumb but funny remarks at my Q&As that all my fans laugh at, she's challenging my team to dance battles and whatever backstage, she draws on her face masks so first aid doesn't seem so dreadful.

My favourite part though would be her always subtly showing off her ring. When I'm at press or she's just not with me she'll Snapchat pictures like "Look at this dog!!" but she'll put her hand right in the middle of the picture.

It's not the ring that makes it wonderful, it's what the ring means.

That girl is the chocolate chips to my muffin. God, I love muffins. Aside the point, I'm getting ready for a beach date with her in about 20 Minutes.

Australia and New Zealand look like a paradise taken right out of a cartoon. Andrew said the beach he found is considerably closed off so maybe, if I'm lucky, we'll avoid any interruptions.

I probably wouldn't mind if paparazzi did show up though because Sarah always gets up and poses in front of me.

Sometimes her 'modelling' as she calls it pisses them off and makes them leave or gets her articles in a magazine. She seems to find both a success.

I told her to wear a swimsuit because well duh, it's a beach.

We're both ready a bit early but it's all cool. We head down to the beach and about halfway there she decides she wants to race me "Looser gets pushed into the water!" Oh it's on. I run as fast and I can and I can't really see her but I don't think she's that far behind me.

I get distracted for a second when I see a dog walkin' around and Sarah uses that tiny bit of time to pass me "Hey! I was winning!"

I run but to no avail, she has already won. She stands proudly at the edge of the water, waving me over with her hand "I'll go in after you but for now, stand at the edge my loveeee." She smiles up at me and I scratch my chin, making it look like I'm thinking.

Just before she puts her hands on my chest I securely pick her up, bridal style "I changed my mind. I don't feel like getting wet." She laughs and rolls her eyes playfully "I'm brining you down with me Mendes!" If it were to be a few months later, her calling my last name would mean nothing. She'd have it too.

"Oh yeah? Hmm.." Before she answers I run forwards into the water and drop her but she holds onto my shoulder and yep, brings Mendes down with her.

We both laugh at each other while we get adjusted to the temperature of the water. We float on our backs and try to find shapes in the clouds. She's definitely more creative than me, but I guess I've never had an artistic touch either.

Yeah, I get it, I can't draw hearts.

The clouds eventually pass away and the sun starts to set, making the night a bit cooler. I look over at her and she's lightly shivering. It's not too cold but I guess I'm Canadian, I have cold blood.

We head on up to the sand part of the beach and lay on the giant towel we had put down and cover ourselves with a blanket. She falls asleep quite quickly but I'm not awfully tired so I just hold onto her and do some thinking.

During the days where no one knew where she was, I wrote one specific journal entry. I was at my wits end but I didn't want to give up. I re read it a few nights ago and found that I could make it into a song.

I need to release new music, and Andrew's on board with it. We're almost done editing it for release and I'll be performing it tomorrow at the show.

It's a song with lyrics that I never tend to write about and music that doesn't fit into my general genre. It means the world to me though. Whether or not the fans like it, it'll probably be my favourite song.

I look at the time and decide that we should go to the hotel. I wake her up and tell her to hop on my back. I carry our blankets and the love of my life back to our suite.

I let her down gently on the bed while I take a shower and bring the blankets to laundry downstairs. I settle in bed with her, humming the tune of "In My Blood."

I wake up the next morning and have a bit of a lazy start to my day. I sat and watched TV with Sarah while eating breakfast until it was time for me to get ready for the show. On the way to the venue, I post the cover art for my new song on every social media platform I have.

I smile at all the fans reactions to this teaser. The conspiracy theories the manage to come up with blow my mind, I wish I was that creative but it's simply just a picture. No hidden meanings.

Sarah questions me about it too but all I do is lock my lips at throw away the key. She kept me waiting so I'm gonna keep her waiting. She goes and complains about it to Andrew but he does the exact same thing "Tick toc Sarah, you'll know soon."

A/N: Thanks for reading and remember to vote and comment! ❤️