Chapter 19

Chapter 19
Lost In My Blood
Sarah Wilson
940 Words
~

Of course, Shawn let me win the race. I feel like I've really gained all my strength.

Only a few more days left in this crazy place! It saved my life but I can't handle the constant movement and chaos in here, no one ever actually goes to sleep.

I remember being on the other side of all of it during my clinicals and electives. It wasn't that bad since I didn't have to worry about sleep, I just couldn't.

I'm glad I took this job, it's not just a better environment than a hospital, it's my home away from home and where I found the love of my life. Speaking of him, he just came back from press.

Today we've decided to go around the hospital, mainly the kids ward, and let them meet Shawn. There's definitely fans, my twitter is blowing up with "I'm in the same hospital as Shawn!!" and other tweets of the sort.

I wear my usual outfit, my scrubs and my illuminate hoodie with my lanyard. I can't wait to start again. Shawn gets ready and I carry the box of signed merch. That's my job, apparently.

We let the nurses know we're coming and head down. They're closing the doors of all the patients so he can surprise them.

The first girl is a sweet fourteen year old amputee. Shawn sits down with her on her bed and plays a few songs with her while I talk to her parents. When Shawn's done I give her the merch but I hold out on the sweat pants.

We go all around the hospital and it takes a few hours but those hours were magical. Every single person was happier when they saw him, all of them laughed and smiled with him. It's true, laughter is in fact the best medicine. It outweighs everything I've learned.

I scroll through all my social media in my room and like the pictures the fans took and follow a few people. I've gained quite a following through all of this and I'm still not quite used to it.

I go to post an ugly selfie or tweet a random occurrence then I remember hundreds of thousands of people will see it. I have Shawn's media manager on my back all the time as well anyways.

The next few days in hospital are pretty basic, I wake up, I eat, I do my therapies, I sleep. Today is my discharge day and I couldn't be happier.

I've been writing cards for every team member that has helped me. I make sure to include song references for the fans. The cards do no justice for the thanks they deserve. They saved my life and made it infinitely better than it was before. I made sure to include song references in my writing for the ones who were fans of Shawn.

I decide to walk around the ward and hand out all balloons and flowers that I have since I can't take them on the plane to rio. Everyone gladly takes them. Some people had none, and some had many.

My room is finally cleared. I kept my cards in my suitcase and I didn't really have much else to pack.

I eat lunch downstairs at the cafeteria while Shawn gets my suitcase to the car. I walk up to the exit and look around the marvellous building, deciding to put all my past behind me and start new.

I take a deep breath and walk out, pushing through the paparazzi and such. I meet Shawn in the car and we start driving to the airport. He holds my hand and we both just enjoy the scenery passing by us.

We get there pretty soon and all goes smoothly up to boarding the plane. I get a bit nervous, remembering the flight to the hospital once they found me.

Shawn sits down with me and talks to me until it passes and we all get in. I decide to sleep off the flight, knowing the festival will drain me.

~ Shawn Mendes POV

I sit in my dressing room, watching Sarah help out some injured fans. It's as if nothing happened, she still has her happiness and caring personality. I can't wait for what I have planned. I'm nervous but determined.

I will be doing my set list before doing it so by then I'll hopefully be a bit more calm. Right before I go on, I say a quick hello to the girls in first aid and get my good luck kiss from Sarah.

My jaw drops slightly as I walk on stage, there's so many flipping people! I take my deep breath and start my show.

~ Sarah Wilson POV

I'm behind the curtain, hands on my wheels, ready to go out. I know my speech perfectly, I can walk, nothing will go wrong.

I get the countdown and the curtain opens, showing me to thousands on people. I see a few signs with my name on it. I roll up to my mark then stand, getting an immediate cheering response from the audience.

I walk up to where Shawn is standing and take the mic. I start my speech, I have to fight back a few tears but it goes well. Everyone is cheering me on.

I'm almost done when the crowd suddenly starts screaming incredibly loud. I panic a bit and look to Shawn. I drop my mic and tears instantly come to my eyes. Oh. My. God.

A/N: Thanks for reading and remember to vote and comment! ❤️