Chapter 17

Chapter 17
Lost In My Blood
Shawn Mendes
735 Words
~

Sarah's been doing physical therapy every day, trying to get her strength back. She's put on weight and her colour is back to normal.

I've rescheduled my shows to be able to be here with her. She has fun arguing with her doctors over dosages and such. They let her win, of course.

In music therapy, she's learning to play my songs on guitar. She doesn't need the therapy physically, it's just a distraction mentally.

I've chosen Julia Michaels to continue to do the opening act. I still get riled up whenever someone mentions Charlie.

I plan on taking her on stage at the Rock in Rio festival. I owe my sanity to my fans, who were constantly supportive. Sarah's still insisting on being my medic and the doctors say that as soon as she can walk and run confidently, she has the all clear to do so.

~ Sarah Wilson POV

I'm getting better everyday and it's the best feeling in the world. Sure, it's exhausting as heck but it's better than being locked up in that hell hole.

I still remember the moment when they came like it was just yesterday. They all had guns and my vision was so messed up I just stayed still and begged to the gods for my life.

A woman took me out in her arms to a helicopter, then I knew they were there to help me. I let them do it all, I was numb anyways. I felt like there was no point in recovery anyways, that life had left me. Until I saw Shawn.

The chaos and panic stopped. We didn't have to say anything, just lay in each other's arms. I really want to get out of this hospital now. They say as soon as I can walk for half an hour without falling or wobbling and run comfortably for ten minutes I'll be free.

I'm getting there, slowly. I can walk for an hour and more I just stumble a lot. Running is more stable but not for ten minutes.

It's motivating to have a good support group. Once I got my phone back, Shawn showed me everything the fans were doing. I cried tears of happiness, I'm not even why they're fans but they still got together to try and help me.

My room is always filled with balloons, cards and flowers. I read each one in between my therapy and it warms my heart. I have no idea how to pay them back. I'm sure it'll come to me one day, at least that's what Shawn and Andrew says.

I know Shawn wants me on stage for Rock in Rio and I'm perfectly fine with it. I'd normally be terrified but my world was flipped in one night, stage fright isn't worth it.

I have a bit of a speech ready, it's not great but I still have a week or so to perfect it.

Shawn hasn't strengthened the security at the event or anything. He decided that it was one motive, one event and now that it's over there's no threat.

Even though he says this, I'm not allowed alone anywhere, literally. It's frustrating "Shawn.. let me go. It's just the cafeteria on the first floor!" He huffs and blocks the door "And it was just a restaurant in downtown. I don't see your point. I'll bring food up for you." I roll my eyes and sit back down on my bed "Lost my appetite." I mumble, turning away from him. Yeah sure I was kidnapped but it's not like every human in this world wants me dead.

I hear him grab his keys and leave. I don't think twice, he'll be back by nine I'm sure. We've gotten in a few arguments like this and he never stays mad. I let him figure out his feelings and it passes. It'll be no different this time.

Once he's on tour he'll lay back on it, he's too busy to have someone follow me around constantly.

I spend the rest of the night reading cards and on cue, Shawn's back. We both say our apologies and he settles in my bed beside me. We're both exhausted and fall asleep. I hope we're not falling through.

A/N: Thanks for reading and remember to vote and comment! ❤️ Sorry about the short update!