Chapter 3

Chapter 3
Lost In My Blood
Shawn Mendes
974 Words
~

I wake up to someone lightly shaking my shoulder and I groan. "Shawn, we're here. You gotta get up." I look up to see who it is. Sarah, my medic. She's very caring and honestly quite beautiful. Beautiful? Did I really just say that? "Okay, okay. I'll meet you guys outside in a minute." She nods and walks off. I get up and stretch, putting away my things into my carry on. I thank the pilot and flight attendants and get off. 

Andrew cheers sarcastically when he sees me,"Mendes has risen from the dead! It's a true miracle." I laugh and shove his shoulder jokingly. "So what's the plan for now?" I ask my team. "We'll settle in the hotel and then head for the venue. Sounds good with everyone?" Andrew announces. A chorus of small "yeps" is heard and we all go to our respective cars. I go with Geoff and Andrew while Sarah goes with set management and sound control. Before we leave I quickly ask Andrew if I can take pictures with my fans. "Come on, they've been here for hours. Please?" He finally gives in "Fine, but take Sarah with you. I can't have you hurt the night of a show." I smile brightly and thank him, texting Sarah to meet me at the front of the airport.

I walk around and try to stay low profile until she's with me. I whisper to her "They're gonna scream, some will cry, other stuff. You can take the pictures, I hope you have a steady hand." She nods and stands beside me. I take off my sunglasses and hoodie and a good one hundred teenage girls scream. "Shh, shh. Get in a line and I'll take a picture with everyone." I take pictures with all of them and it goes quite smoothly. Surprisingly no one passed out and I didn't get any questions about Sarah either. I wave them goodbye and head back to the cars.

We all get to the hotel and Andrew starts talking about who gets what room with who. "Shawn with Chris, Geoff and I, and Sarah will have a room in the middle." He pulls her to the side and I listen in. "I'm sorry that there isn't an actual bed in the room, we just really need you in the middle of everything at all times. I hope that's okay." She still smiles brightly and nods. How can she be happy? My back aches like a grandpa if I don't sleep on an actual bed. She deserves at least a pull out bed. I go up to her and ask "Are you sure you'll be okay where you are? I can switch with you." She smiles warmly up at me. Oh yeah, did I mention she was short? Really short. "I'm fine Shawn. It's no-" She gets cut off by Andrew ordering us around again. "Everyone! It's time to head to the venue! Same cars as before." I curse him silently and get in the car, watching the ocean view while we drive.

We get there and end up having to sneak in through the back because there were already fans lined up. I don't know why they make such fuss about my fans. They're just people, they'd listen to me if I told them to let us in. My train of thought is interrupted when I hear Andrew curse under his breath and check his watch. "Shawn, you have soundcheck in five minutes. Everything is up there and ready. Need anything else?" I run up the hallway to the stage "Nope! I'm good!" I get the countdown from my team and walk up to the stage, hundreds of fans already crowded around it. I look ahead and see Sarah at the sound console smiling at me and giving me a thumbs up. I take a deep breath and sit on my stool. "How's everyone today?" All I get are screams in return, but it's all to mean good. Imagine if we actually answered that question like that. "I'd ask you guys how to say hello in the language of the country but I'm pretty sure I know it." I get a few laughs and hellos in many languages. "I'm gonna sing Like This, There's Nothing Holding Me Back and Treat You Better. Hope you like it!"

~

I sit backstage with a bottle of water, taking a break before going to my Q&A. I get called down to the room and hear Sarah hyping them up. She's really going above and beyond with her job. She was just going to take care of slip ups but now she's helping with crowd management, photography, lighting, so many things. I can barely walk and text at the same time. I walk in and she steps to the side. I get the normal questions until a girl asks about Sarah. "Who is she? Not to be rude." Sarah looks at me and waits for my answer. "She works for my team, she's the medic. If any of you guys ever need anything just look for her bright vest." She waves to my fans and she seems happy with my answer, thank god. The crowd fades away eventually and I get ready for the meet and greet. Normally I'd be tired but there's something different about the sequence of events today, not sure what. I walk in and I see Sarah standing behind the camera. They open the curtain one for one and Sarah has to leave halfway because a girl passed out. I'll make sure to visit her in first aid once I'm done. Geoff steps in as my photographer. God, he better not take blurry pictures again.

A/N: Thanks for reading and remember to vote and comment! ❤️