Chapter 5

Chapter 5
Lost In My Blood
Sarah Wilson
859 Words
~

I wake up to at least five people screaming and a few pillows thrown at me. When I told Shawn he could throw a pillow at me I didn't mean a whole assault. I get up and look around, trying to find what the hell is making these people scream. They all laugh and tell me good morning. I grumble and head to the washroom to make myself look less like a disgruntled zombie. "You guys are really trying to keep your new recruit for a while, eh?" I hear Shawn speak up "Eh? I thought you were American." I glare playfully at him. I come out "Okay! Everyone out! Actually wait, do I need to be in uniform today? Do we have an event?" Everyone shakes their head and leaves the room. I put on a floral blouse and a knee length black skirt, tying up my hair.

I open the doors that connect to my room. "Vitamins people!" They all comply and take their vitamins. Everyone settles down and sits somewhere while Andrew stands and starts announcing the plan for the day. "No press or concerts today, but everyone has to be out in five minutes because we have a flight to Seattle to catch. See you there!" Another flight? Damn. I almost feel bad for birds at this point. I get my bags and check I have everything I need. I meet Andrew downstairs and he starts a conversation. "I've noticed Shawn being more relaxed with you there. He must really trust your expertise, it normally takes him a while to warm up to new team members. Congrats!" I take it all to heart, it's nice to know that I haven't doomed anything too yet. A few minutes pass and everyone has joined up with me and Andrew.

We get to the airport just on time and I end up with Shawn again. I don't mind at all, he's amazing to talk to. He sits down with his muffin and coffee again. I laugh a bit "What's your favourite kind of muffin?" His eyes light up, you could swear that he was talking about his girlfriend or something. "It depends, if it's the evening I'll go for a chocolate chip but if it's in the morning I'll 100% go for blueberry. I'm all over the place with muffins. Carrot muffins are great. Banana, strawberry, they rock too. I love muffins, they're my stuff." Wait, does he have a girlfriend? I mean it's an innocent question to ask. He's just my friend I think. It doesn't matter, now or never. "Single Pringle or Taken Bacon." He doesn't react drastically, he takes it as a normal question. "Single Pringle, but very single because I can't get my damn hand in the box of Pringles!" I laugh and smile at him "Ditto."

~ Shawn Mendes POV
Oh my god. She asked me if I was taken! Does she like me? Is she just curious? Do I like her? She's single!

~ Sarah Wilson POV
Oh my god. I asked him if he was taken! Does he like me? Am I just too curious? Do I like him? He's single! Oh hell, I don't have time for this. I just have to focus on being a medic. Just a medic. For Shawn Mendes. Across the world. My god, what did I get myself into? We sat in silence for the rest of the plane ride but it was a comfortable silence. I know it's gonna be a busy day today, as soon as we touch down we have to start his soundcheck and so on. Hopefully, it won't take a toll on anyone and we'll make it out on the flip side. Of course, if it does, I'll try to deal with it. If all else fails, at least we have a free day tomorrow so everyone can relax.

~

Shawn got through the sound check, Q&A, and meet and greet like a champ. He's doing his normal prep for the concert while I sit at my usual spot at the sound console while Charlie performs. He's kinda been laying low when I started to work here. I haven't talked to him yet. He doesn't hate me, I don't think. I'm singing along out of habit, I mean what else do you do at concerts. The set manager turns around "You have a nice voice, I'll tell Shawn that. He might let you perform as a surprise one day." My heart sinks "Oh god, please no. He won't let me live it down." I refuse to perform in front of my friends, let alone an arena full of people! He laughs and winks at me. I lean back in my seat and take a deep breath. Shawn comes on and the screams are insane, again. I give him an encouraging little thumbs up even though I doubt he can see me. I listen to his drop dead gorgeous voice and let the night waste away. I think I could get used to this.

A/N: Thanks for reading and remember to vote and comment! ❤️