Chapter 19: Perfect (pt.2)

I suck at updating, I know. No need to remind me.

Bella's POV:

Eddie and I were still sitting in the car driving to our date place, I guess you could say. I had no idea where we were going. Not a clue. I've known him my whole life and I can't think of one place that we might be going to.

We had finally pulled up to a parking lot that I hadn't recognized all that much because it was dark out. He turned off the car and got out. I was about to get out as well when he had opened the door for me.

I blushed, and got out of the car. I smiled at him "Thank you." We began walking towards the small building hand in hand. Then I had realized where we were.

I once brought Eddie here. This is my favorite place to be at when I have a lot of things on my mind and he knows that. It was my favorite cafe in town, Hillside cafe. I stopped and turned towards him, smiling. He followed my actions and reached for my other hand.

"Do you like it? I know it's cheesy and stuff I just wanted to make sure it was somewhere you like being" he stuttered nervously. I chuckled because it was cute. "Eddie, I love it." I gave him a small smile. "Really?" He questioned. "Yes! Really. I can't think of a better place to be at."

He kissed my cheek and walked we walked into the small cafe. We stood in line and waited for someone to come and take our order. We walked up to the counter and there was a girl that looked our age.

She looked like she was one of those girls. The girls that think they are all that. The kinds of girls that flirt with every "hot guy" they see. I'm not quick to judge though to I quickly dismissed those thoughts, but they rapidly returned with her actions.

She looked bothered, like she hated her job. Then she saw Eddie, and her face lit up like she was the happiest person alive. "What can I get for you?" She asked him, trying to get closer to him over the counter. I was getting a little pissed.

"Yeah uh, can I just have a large hot coffee and a cake pop please" he asked. He looked so cute ordering. She smiled at him and twirled her hair with her 3-inch long painted nails. "Definitely babe!," she chirped, "It's on me" she whispered seductively to him.

I scoffed. I could not believe this chick. She didn't even acknowledge me. Nope. She didn't bother at all. Eddie gave her a look of disgust and pulled me close to him. "Can I please speak with your manager? It's rude to flirt with your customers let alone flirting with a customer that clearly has a girlfriend" he complained, then kissed my cheek.

The girl scoffed and went to go get the manager. Though we had that fixed rather quickly, one thing still kept replaying in my mind. "... let alone flirting with a customer that clearly has a girlfriend" that's what Eddie had told the h o e. Did that mean we were official? Was it assumed? Did he even mean it or was he just trying to get her off of him?

The rest of the date was spent with us talking about several different things. We had walked out of the cafe and decided to take a walk around the area before leaving. We finished up our coffees and sat down at a little picnic table we had found by the cafe on our way back from the walk.

We both stayed in silence. It wasn't the nice kind of quiet though, it was that awkward quiet that just eats at you. I decided to break the silence, "Eddie?" "Yeah" he responded giving his attention to me. "About what happened in there earlier, did you mean what you said?" I asked nervously.

He looked at me confused. It was the I-said-a-lot-of-things-you-have-to-be-more-specific kind of look. "You know, about me being your- your... you know-" he cut me off, seeing I couldn't get the words out. He sighed. Well that's a great sign! Just great!

"Bella, listen. I really didn't want it to happen this way and I hate that it did but," he turned to face me and stood up, grabbing both of my hands,"Bella, you make me the happiest person alive. I love your smile and your laugh and your eyes, and your whole personality. I love you so much. Bella, do you want to be my girlfriend?"

I didn't even know what to say. I was taken aback by that little speech of his. On the outside I just sat there shocked with my mouth wide open; but on the inside, I was screaming. I did know what it say. I couldn't think of anything to say. It's a simple yes or no question but I just could not answer it. I stood up and cupped his face in my hands and kissed him.

He was surprised by my actions, but kissed back. He put his hand on my hips, pulling me closer to him. I had laced my hands around his neck, pulling at his baby hairs, a habit of mine.

I slowly pulled away, standing there in the same position looking into his eyes. Those beautiful, deep, chocolate brown eyes. "I take that as a yes?" He asked with a smirk on his face. I chuckled at his somewhat stupidity and nodded my head.

He chuckled and kissed me again. We had started walking back to his car and began our drive back to my house. When we got there he repeated his actions from the cafe, opening my door for me. The smallest of things still caused me to blush and get a weird feeling in my stomach.

We walked to me porch hand in hand and I turned around to face him before I went inside. We stood there staring at each other, not saying anything. We didn't have to. He brushed a strand of hair out of my face.

"You're so beautiful" he said looking at me. I looked down and blushed. He picked lifted my chin with his index finger and slowly leaned in. Our lips brushed past each other, then he finally kissed me. I kissed him back letting my fringed run through his hair.

We pulled away at the same time. I held both of his hands. "Call me when you get home" I said concerned. He gave a small chuckle, "Don't worry babe, I will." He assured. I blushed. "I like that." I said without even realizing.

"Yeah, I like that I get to call you mine now," he smiled at me and I blushed again. "You're so cute." He complemented. He pecked my lips. "I'll call you when I get home," "okay. I'll wait" I waited for him to get in his car and drive off then I went inside and upstairs to my room.

I had thought about everything that had happened tonight. I sat there in my room in the dark, thinking, and waiting for the phone call from my special someone who I could finally call mine.