Chapter 2 - Illusions

"Hey, Akira!" a classmate of mine shouted out my name. I smiled. "What is it, Akane?" "I'll go to the karaoke bar with the others, later. But we don't want to go without you, so... Will you come with us, please?" "Haha, sure, why not?" She smiled and took my hands.

"Really? Akira, you're the best!" "Hey, no problem! I'll go with you guys to the karaoke bar as much as you want!"

Later we went together out of the classroom.  I looked at them. "Hey, should we go to the cinema later, too? I heard there's a good movie coming soon." I happily waited for an answer. But instead of that they just looked at me. "Why should we go out with someone like you?" "Eh...?"

I woke up. My pillow is soaked by tears. My face was still wet."A dream huh...?" I clicked my tounge while wiping away those salty tears. "How annoying..."

I looked what time it was. Time for school. I sighed and put on my school uniform. Since I was almost too late, I ran with all my might, until I suddendly bumped into someone.

"Watch out where you-..." I stopped speaking. 'No... I want to change myself... I don't want to be like that anymore...I will try to be nicer to at least one single person... Even though I never met this person...' I bit on my lip and bowed. "I... I am sorry for running into you..." I looked up and saw a girl. She seemed to be at the same age as I am. But she wore a different school uniform so she probably went to another school than I was. She had long brown hair and pink sparkling eyes. She smiled. "No problem. Don't worry abou-" She fell on the floor before she could finish her sentence.

"Ah... Are you okay...?" She didn't answer. 'Oh dear god, don't tell me I killed someone...?!', I thought.

Suddendly I heard a voice from behind. "Damn it! It happened again!" I turned around and saw the same girl that I just bumped into. But... She had something like a... Tail...? I looked back at the lifeless body than back at the girl with the tail. "Ah... I..." I wanted to say something but stopped. 'Am I still dreaming...?' I pinched my cheek. Suddendly the girl opened her mouth.

"Wait... you can... See me?!" "Why wouldn't I see you...?" She thought dor a while. Suddendly she poked my cheeks. "Don't tell me... You're the same as me?!" "Uhm... Sorry, I'm quite confused now, so I think, I will..." I ran away. "H-Hey, wait a second!" I didn't stop running. 'This... is still a dream... Calm down, Akira, you have to calm down...' I stopped in front of the school gate and remembered what happened yesterday. My mood dropped. 'Maybe... I should skip school... Nobody will care anyways...'

That's right. No one ever cares about me. So why should they do, now...?