Chapter 25 - I did it for a precious person...

Yato's P.O.V.

I walked ahead. I left her. I didn't look back for once. Even as she called my name. I just kept walking. I turned right and continued walking towards the café, Yukine and Hiyori were waiting for me. They probably will ask why Akira isn't with me... I stopped walking. "Akira..." I felt my vision blurring. I wiped my tears away with the sleeve of my jersey, knowing it was useless, since it was wet from the rain. "I mustn't cry... I am a god..." I softly chuckled. "I'm such a fool... Am I...?" I looked up and closed my eyes, enjoying the rain pouring on me.

All I want... Is her to be happy...

I slowly opened my eyes and looked forward. No one was there. Everyone seemed to hide from the rain. I held my hand on my chest. It was placed on where my heart was. I laughed as tears rolled down my cheeks.

I want to be her hero... After all... Even after that short amount of time...

I remembered her face. Her flawless, violet hair, her deep blue eyes... The way she tried to pretend that she's okay, the way she talked to me, the way she looked at me... And of course... I think I'll never be able to forget... Such a pretty smile.

...She became very... Very, very precious to me...

Akira's P.O.V.

I stared as he walked ahead. "Yato..." I was shaking.

No... Please tell me... This isn't happening...

I screamed. "Yato!" But he ignored me.

Please tell me... That I soon will wake up... With you, Hiyori and Yukine sitting beside my bed and laughing about a bad pun that you have made...

"Yato... Yato!!" I continued until I couldn't see him anymore.

Please tell me... That I will go back... Back to those days where I thought that they will never, ever have to end, without a doubt.

I slammed my fists against the ground.

Please tell me... That is this not how my story ends...

I took a deep breath and stood up. I picked up the umbrella, Yato left for me. I held it above me and walked towards home. I opened the door with the key. Father wasn't there, yet.

I didn't bother to change my clothes. Nor to dry my hair. I would get sick. But I didn't care. It felt... As if I was empty.

Everything just felt so unreal... It felt as if I would jump of a building right now... Or if I tried to kill myself... I wouldn't die for real. It just... Felt so wrong. But it wasn't. This was real life. I couldn't escape it... I couldn't sleep and wake up again, just to find myself somewhere else... I simply just couldn't. I walked up the stairs, towards my room. I opened the door, just to find my window open. I softly laughed. "Heh... I should close it... Someone will come inside..." I closed it and slumped myself on the bed, not caring if it would become wet.

I remembered how I just confessed my feelings for Yato... And how I got rejected... I closed my eyes and put on a small, sad smile, ignoring how I really felt at the moment.

I see... This is his answer... Even if he didn't define it in words...

I then opened my eyes and looked on my desk. I finally decided to dry myself and ti change my clothes. I then sat on the chair at my desk.

If I was important to him, he knew how much he would hurt me.

I opened my laptop and opened the program with which I always wrote my books.

But it's okay... Now, that I know that I'm not important to him... I can see that it's better like this... I will be okay.

I clicked on 'new file'. I wanted to start a new book.

The pain in my chest is the pride I lost...

I slowly typed in. [Let me be your hero].

If only I wouldn't have met him... If only I would forget him... I am ashamed. Ashamed of how naive I was.

I started typing. I didn't know excactly what I typed... But compared to how I felt now... It somehow felt right.

But even though...

My vision suddendly blurred. I wiped my eyes with my sleeve. But the tears kept coming and coming again. I smiled, continuing wiping of my tears. "Why... Why am I crying...?"

...I still love him...