Chapter 12 - Reason, why

He wanted to go inside. "Yato." he turned around. "What is it?" I smiled sadly. "Why are you helping me, that much?" It was silent for a while. "What do you mean?" I bit on my lip.

"All I did... Was calling you and giving you five yen... You don't even know me. So why...? Why are you doing this?" He looked at me with a surprised expression. Then he looked at the rain, that was dripping outside. He slightly smiled. "Heh... I lived for very long... But you're the first one to ask me this..." Then he looked back into my eyes. "Maybe... It is because I just want to help people... I want someone to look up to me and say, that because of me, they haven't given up."

He is trying so hard...

He paused. He smiled and scratched the back of his head. "Haha... Kinda embarassing, I know..."

So hard... Probably for nothing...

He looked at me with his stunning eyes. "We should go inside. The others should also know, that you're okay. They're worrying."

He wants to be a hero.

I nodded. "I guess we should. Oh, and Yato. Another thing." "Yes?" I paused but then looked up to him. "Thank you." I could see his cheeks redding up a bit. "Nah, it's okay..." He opened the door for me.

A hero...Who would be able to help a girl, who has built walls around herself to not get hurt.

I got inside, back to the living room. Suddendly someone jumped on me. "Kira-chan!" The person was laying on me and hugging me. I looked down. In my own surprise, it was Kofuku. "Kira-chan. Sorry for scaring you like that!" "Ko... Kofuku-san...?" Her violet eyes looked into my dark blue ones.

"Just call me Kofuku!" Yato stepped into the room. He saw Kofuku laying on me. As if it was totally normal, he looked around. "Where are Hiyori, Yukine and Daikoku?" Finally Kofuku loosened her grip. "Yukki is learning with Hiyorin. And Dai-chan is cooking." Yato helped me to stand up. "So, Akira... Let's go to Yukine and Hiyori!", he smiled. I nodded. "Sure..."

He's just helping, because I asked him to.

He walked ahead. I was behind him. I silently looked at the back of his head.

That's right... That's the only reason...

He opened a door. Behind it were Hiyori and Yukine sitting at a table. Hiyori smiled. "Akira-chan! Could you help me out? The exams will start soon. I haven't learnt much because of being busy... You're going to an elite school, right? So, I thought you might help me out." "Uh... Sure." I looked at Yato. He smiled and nodded.

Then I sat down beside her. So did Yato, beside Yukine. Hiyori looked at me and smiled. "Is something wrong...?", I asked. She shook her head. "No, it's just that I'm happy for you opening up to us." I was surprised that she haven't mentioned what Daikoku said earlier. But I also felt kinde relieved. I smiled nervously. "Yeah... It kinda surprises me. But... I am glad that I have. After all... There are now some people, I can trust."

Trusting someone... Something that I haven't done for so long...

Her smile widened. "That's nice to hear." I smiled back. "So... What excactly do you need help with?"

I don't even know if I'm still able to do that...

"Hm... Let's see... I guess in Math and English..." "Okay. That won't be a problem, I guess."

But I am trying to.

"Uh... Akira..." I turned around to Yukine. "What is it, Yukine?" "Would... Would you mind also helping me with learning, later...?, he asked nervously. I looked at him and smiled. "Sure." "Really? Th... Thank you." "No problem."

I am trying.