Chapter 7 - The voice of someone else

Suddendly the school bell rang. "I... Should head back to class..." Yato smiled. "Sure! I guess Yukine would also be interested in your class. What's the next subject?" I could see how Yukine's cheeks coloured a little pink. "That's not necessary... I'm not that interested..." Yato grinned. "That's what he said. So, Akira, let's go to your class!" "To... To my class...?" He nodded. "But how should I explain the teacher who you are? If you ask me a man with a jersey and a small boy by his side, would really look suspicious..." "Don't worry about that.", Yato said as his smile faded "They won't notice us.", Yukine said. "Wait... What do you mean with that?" Yato slapped his hand against my back. I yelped. "You'll see, Akira, you'll see." "Uh... Okay...?"

I went inside again. It seemed like Mr Ibaragi already left... I didn't care. Why should I?

I just went to class. Yato and Yukine followed me."Hey, Akira... What do you actually mean with "help me changing myself"? You are pretty normal to me, I think...", Yukine said as he walked behind me. I didn't answer. "You'll see...", I said as I continued walking. Next subject was art.

We had to go out and draw the school building. As the teacher explained something and answered the question of other students, I looked back at Yato. He was leaning against the window and looked out, as if he was looking something. Suddendly our eyes met. I turned back and looked to Yukine. He seemed to look at the drawings that were standing around in the room.

'This is so weird... Why does nobody notice them?! Is this some kind of ridiculous trick?' I looked back at the teacher. He clapped his hands. "Fine. Then, head out. You can go anywhere you want as long as it's on the school ground." I stood up and went.

I sat under a tree and started drawing. Yato looked over my shoulder. "That doesn't really seem like the school building..." That's right... It also shouldn't be... I layed my pencil to the side and looked at it. So did Yukine. It was a demon. A demon is form of an human. A fallen angel. "Wow, Akira! You could almost compete with Yato!" "Hm?" I looked up at Yato. His face was serious. "This drawing..." He took it from my hands. "It... Seems to be so familiar... But... I don't remember..."

Remember... I also know that I've seen her before... I tried to remember, but I can't... Maybe I just don't want to remember...

Suddendly I noticed that somebody stood in front of me. I looked up but the sun was to bright. I couldn't recognize who it was. "Kamitsuka-san. May I join you?" I recognized the voice. The girl who said that I was lonely before. I looked at her with a stoic expression.

"What? You aren't afraid of me?" She tilted her head to the side. "Why should I?" I averted her gaze. "I just thought you might be afraid that I kill you." "What? You heard us?" She bowed. "I'm truly sorry! I'm sure that Micchan didn't mean it like that!" "Even if she did... What if it was true?" "Eh?" I looked into her eyes. "How pathetic. You just come here so that the others will think that you're a cute girl who cares for others. All you want to do is crave attention." "What? I would never do that!" "Liar~", I sung while I grinned mischivously. I sighed. "Geez, you're no different from the others." "The... Others...?" "Of course! You pretend to care even though you don't, isn't that so?"

She didn't answer. She stood up. "What is with that attitude? I am trying to be nice, but you... Just..." "You are trying to be nice?! Sorry but I highly doubt that." "Oh, you do?" Suddendly she smirked. I could see how she swung her paper block towards me as if she was trying to hit me. I closed my eyes, ready for the impulse, but it didn't came.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw a hand gripping on the girl's wrist. This hand belonged Yato. She looked surprised at him. "Ah... Sorry... I just, uh..." She ran away.

I stood up and brushed the dirt from my clothes. I then look at Yato without saying a word. He looked back with an emotionless expression. "So, that's why you want to..." I nodded and looked to the ground. "I have been like this since always... I try to fight it... I don't even know anymore why I am doing this... While I'm speaking it's as if someone else is using my voice to speak..." "I see..." Yukine looked at me with worry in his eyes. It looked like Yato could feel the tightened mood.

He smiled. "So... Let's begin with 'Yato-sama's lesson how to change', shall we?" I slightly chuckled. "You call youself '-sama'?" "Of course! I am god!" I sighed and smirked. "Just that your name is the same as on my omamori doesn't make me believe that you are a god." He suddendly came closer and held his index finger up.

"Lesson number 1! Try to be nicer. I am a god and you can't do anything 'bout that!" "Lesson number... What?" I looked at him and tilted my head. "That's right! You better should be happy that the strong and mighty Yato-sama is giving you some lessons!" Suddendly my smirk faded.

'He may be strong and mighty... But he's lonely.'

That's what that gramps said.

"Uh... Akira?" I snapped out. "Y... Yes?" It was Yukine. "Don't listen to that dumbass." He grinned. "He's dreaming around." "Heh... Guess you're right!" Yato glared at us but then smirked. "Well, if you think so, Akira... Then why don't you explain how I teleported to you, as you were about to hang up!" "Huh...? Oh that... Uh... Dunno." "So after all I am a god!" I facepalmed. Yukine just sighed.

"Well... Whatever you say, Yato-sama.", I teased. It looked like he liked it, as he danced happily around. I looked on my watch. "It looks like it's time to head back to class... If you want you already can go out. I'll be there in a few minutes, since this was the last lesson, today." While Yato still jumped over the school ground happily, Yukine looked to me. "You'll be okay?" "Yeah, sure." "If you say so..." Yukine grabbed onto Yato's scarf. Yato chocked. "Yu... kine! This is not how you treat a god! I am your master, already forgot?!" "Shut up!", was the last thing I heard until they dissapeared. I just stood still.

It doesn't look like it... They probably do not even understand my problems... Heh... How should they? I'm not even able to figure myself out. So there's no way that anyone else can...