Chapter 17 - Death...?

"Death... Sorry but... Can you explain...?" Bishamon sighed. "You know what Shinigamis are, right?" I nodded. "Gods of Death, right?" "Yes. Gods that collect souls from dead people and bring it to their boss, so that those people can rest in peace. Ever thought who this boss was?" I stared at the table. "Death... Death in person..."

Bishamon nodded. "Yes. Death in person." "B-but I still don't understand. Why did my mother fight Death?" I looked back up into Bishamon's violet eyes.

She bit on her lip. "That is...", the man with the glasses continued, "... Because you were dead when you were born." "Wait... Wait a second, dead?!"

"A relationship between Yokai and human is usually forbidden. And not without reason. If a child is born, the powers of the parent, who is a Yokai becomes weaker and weaker. Until the Yokai dies of power loss. The power which belonged to the youkai transfers automatically to the child. After the youkai dies, it will be reborn. It will look as in it's previous life. But if may have another age and character than before, and of course no memories of it's previous life. Being reborn, of course only works, if the youkai has a soul and if a god summons it, after the rebirth. As soon as a god summons it, the youkai will get a normal human body, which can transform into the actual form of the Yokai. Just as Regalias. Well, that's the normal case. But since you were born dead, your mother made a decision before the Shinigami could take your soul. This decision was fighting Death, by herself." "But isn't that impossible? I mean... It's Death after all..."

"That's right. And Aya knew that. She also knew that she would die in this battle. But she knew for a fact that she could make a deal with Death. And that happened." He paused. "What was that for a deal...?"

"It was transferring her life into your body. She knew that she also could live on, without her child and only with her husband, but... She didn't want to let you die. She wanted her daughter to live on, for her. And giving you her own life was the only chance. Death, himself had no problem with that idea. He was able to do that without any problems. But he wanted an exchange. He wanted her soul. Giving her soul to Death would mean, never being able to be reborn again. But she accepted it. She gave her soul to Death, Death tranfered Aya's life into your body and so, you were alive. Not only her life was transfered into you, but also her powers. Which means you have the same ability as she has. But even though, you're still half human."

I clenched my fists which were laying on my lap. "So it was my fault that she..." It remained silent. Bishamon opened her mouth. "No... It is my fault... After Aya married your father and was pregnant... I had a fight with her... If I haven't had a fight with her, she would have at least told me, what her plan was... I could have helped her. If that all didn't happen, she would still be alive...! She... She..."

"Stop." Yato faced her. "It's not your fault, nor is it Akira's fault. It was Aya's decision to sacrifice herself to Akira. We should be thankful for that. Not blame ourselves." The man with the glasses nodded. "Yato is right. Without Aya, Akira wouldn't be here." Silent remained.

They say that I shouldn't blame myself... They said without mother... I wouldn't be here... That's right, but... I just can't help than blame myself...

[Author's Note]
Thank you so much guys, for 100+ votes and 2K+ reads! I actually didn't expect someone to read this. At the start I was like:

Maaaan. So many Character x OC fanfics. And ya know what? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

And this is pretty much the result xD Anyways, thanks again, guys :D I also am working on an Amnesia (Toma x Reader) and a Death Note fanfiction. Go ahead and check it our if ya want :)
Hope you'll also support me in the next chapters :^D See ya soon!