Chapter 27 - Lost in Hopes and Thoughts

I sat in darkness. Not moving at all. Until a voice echoed through the room.

"You'll soon be mine."

My eyelids opened hurridly. I found myself sitting on my office chair, my head resting on my arms which were placed on my desk. I noticed that my laptop was still on. I yawned as I read what I wrote in the night before, then turned the laptop off and remained for a while. I looked at the clock which was hanging on the wall. "Huh... I still have time..."

As I looked back at my desk, I noticed a book laying beside my laptop. It was the book from yesterday. I wasn't sure but somehow... I thought Yato brought it to me. I sighed and picked it up, opening it and starting to read.

*timeskip*

I yawned once again as I was on my way to school. I held the opened book in my hands and read it while walking. It was about a girl who suffered from sleep paralysis which was an dirsorder in which she was lost in her thoughts and practically couldn't wake up anymore. Everyone kept distance on her, but she didn't care. Until a new transfer student came. He was interested in her. And so, he kept being by her side.

I'm pretty sure this book has a happy ending...

I sighed as I finally reached the school. I now stood in front of the door of the classroom. Once again. I remained for a while. Once again. I wondered how it would turn out. Once again. But this time one thing was different.

I will change myself.

As I opened the door, students seemed to look at me. But they soon averted their gaze. I sat down at my desk and breathed out. "So far, so good...", I murmured.

I just wast to meet you again, as soon as possible...

As I got my stuff for the coming lesson out of my bag, I noticed somebody standing in front of my desk. I looked up just to see a familiar face. Yukisawa. And behind her those girls. Just as yesterday. "You... Are Akira Kamitsuka, right?" "Uh... Yeah..." "Are you new here? I'm sorry but I haven't noticed you before." "Well, I... I was sick for a while right after you just came to this school, so I guess you haven't met me yet..." "Huh...? I see."

She smiled. It somehow made me feel sick. "Would you like to have lunch with us, later?" I forced up a smile. "S... Sure..." At the same moment the teacher entered the classroom. In second period we had P.E. I felt kinda dizzy as we had to jog ten laps around the gym. Suddendly I was unable to move and fell on my knees. I struggeled to fill my lungs with oxygen. My vision was hazy as I began to cough. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Akira. Everything okay? Can you stand up?" It was a classmate. "Yeah... Thanks..."

I tried to stand up but stumbeled and fell again. "You should go to the infirmary...", she said. "No... I'm fine, really..." I tried to stand once again and finally made it back on my feet.

Later we had finally had lunch. I sat with Yukisawa and other girls at one table. "Aren't you eating, Kamitsuka-chan?", one girl asked. I shook my head. "I... Haven't got any appetite..." Yukisawa looked at me with a worried gaze. "You collapsed in P.E., didn't you? Maybe you are still sick..." "No, I... I'm fine." I hated to admit that but... She kinda was right. I really felt bad. I sighed. "Maybe it's just lack of sleep..."

What are you saying? You don't even care for me anyways, do you...?

I streched myself on my chair as the last period finally ended. As I packed my bag and went out of the classroom, someone called me. "Akira!" I looked back just to see some classmates smiling and waving at me. "Be careful on you way home. And get well soon!" I smiled and waved back. "I will. Thanks. See you tomorrow."

As I made it out of the school building, I stared at the sky. "What a beautiful sunset..." But... I still felt kinda dizzy... My lungs hurt and my vision was blurry. My head felt as if it was on fire. I slowly walked home.

As I almost was there, I fell on my knees. Just as in second period. I coughed uncontrollably and held a hand in front of my mouth so that the coughs were muffled. I didn't want to worry anyone. As I tried to breathe, I suddendly fell something wet and sticky on my hand. I parted it from my mouth and saw a red liquid on it. "B... Blood...?" Then everything went black.

My eyes flutter open. My head hurt as I sat up. And I stumbeled as I tried to stand up but I somehow managed it. As I opened the door, I heard voices coming from downstairs. One was from my father. He was home...? But he told me he would be working all day, today... The other voice was somehow familiar. It belonged to a woman.

"It that... Bishamon...?" I wanted to walk down faster, but stopped listening the conversation. "I'm sorry... I never thought of it to really happen but...", the blonde female spoke. "What... What do you mean...? No... I don't want to believe this..." "Tanaka... She's your daughter... I can imagine that it's hard for you... After all ypu already list your wife... But..."

What... Were they they talking about...? For a while it was quiet. Then Bishamon continiued. "But... Akira... Will have to face death as soon as the turns sixteen..."

I will die...?

[Author's Note]

CLIFFHANGER NYAHAHAHAHA! Uwah! I made it, updating, after all! First of all credits to TheYandereWriter because I used that idea with the book about the girl with the disorder called 'sleep paralysis' from her book "Feeling lost in Wonderland". Check it out! It only has one chapter until now, but I already love it *^*  And second... This internship is hard, maaaaan °[]° I somehow feel like Eren. My chef is Levi. Nyuu I want this week to pass as soon as possible! I'm too lazy to go there for the next four days. I'm an otaku, gamer and nerd, okay?! And as these, I have very low stamina ಥ_ಥ However... Just that you guys know if you haven't noticed yet... I'm always updating this book on Sundays (unless I forgot to update once). So uh... Yeah... Oh my gosh... Now I forgot the most important part... THIS BOOK FINALLY REACHED 1K VOTES, I'M DROWNING IN EMOTIONS! THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL THOSE READERS OUT THERE!

Enjoyed this chapter? Leave a comment or vote or even both, if you did. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH ಥ‿ಥ  SEE YA IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!