Chapter 29 - Maybe it's better to lie...

"So... What do you choose, Akira? Living... Or surviving...?"

My eyes widened. But I didn't answer. Until I let out a small laughter. "You're talking about living or surviving..." I stood up and layed on my bed. "But... Does that really matter?" For a while it was quiet. "But since you're asking..." I rolled to the side. "For now... Surviving is just enough..."

"I see...",was all he answered.

After that... He didn't seem to talk to me for a while. I looked at the watch. "Heh... Seems like one day passed since... He left..." I buried my face in the pillow. "It seems like forever..." I fell asleep.

I just want to sleep... Sleep until all of this is over...

Two days have passed since Bishamon visited my father and me. It was now Friday. And with that, my last day for school.

"What?! Aki-chan, you're moving to the other side of Japan?!" "Y-Yeah... Sorry about not telling you sooner..." Moving. That's what I said so that no one will have to worry about me. "Geez. If you told us earlier, we would have went to the theme park or karaoke bar or something like that... How about today? I heard a new butler café opened. And the butlers are like really hot!", one of them grinned. I laughed. "I'm sorry. But I'll uh... Have to pack my stuff... You know?" Most of them looked at me, sadly.

Why are they even acting like this...?

Actually I just wanted to spend some time, alone. Seperate from all those people. Those people who call themselves as my 'friends'. To be honest... I actually made a lot of 'friends' in the past few days. I really changed myself... But still it doesn't felt the same as with those three... It felt so fake. "Ah... That's too bad..." Suddendly someone hugged me from behind. "We will miss you, Akira!" "Eheh... I... I will miss you, too..."

First I hated them for being liars. But now look at me... Of course I made a lot of friends... And of course I changed... Thanks to Yato, but... Still...

"Where will you move? Maybe we can visit you in vacation!" "Oh, uh... To be honest... I was lying with moving to the other side of Japan... I... I am moving to England. I have uh... Relatives over there and... Yeah..." "England?! For christ's sake you're crushing our hopes...", another one pouted. "I am...? I'm sorry..."

... I miss my old self...

Later school ended. As I opened my shoe locker, a letter fell out. "What... What is this...?" I picked it up and stared at it. A classmate beside me giggled. "A love letter?" I opened it just to see that she was right.

Please come to the back of the schoolbuilding after class.

My mind was mixed up. What is that supposed to mean...?

Of course, I went there just to see who it was. I was surprised to see a classmate of mine. "Akatsuku-san...?" "K-Kamitsuka!!" "Uh... Yeah...?" "I... I heard you're moving... Is that true?" "Yes... Yes it is..." "Oh... I see... Then it's kinda late..." "Late? For what?" I tilted my head to the side, looking at him.

"Kamitsuka. No... Akira... I... I liked you for a while..." "Eh?" "I know you've always been bullied my the others but since Tuesday... They acted as if nothing happened. That's weird but I... I actually just wanted to let you know that... I love you. I loved you even though those rumors... Even though you were bullied... So... Yeah..." He awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

"You... Remember...? You remember even though he broke our bonds...?" "Huh? Remember what?" "You... You like me...?" He blushed. "I... I do..." "Even though I... I was..." I ruffeled my hair.

So after all... There was somebody, who... Who liked me for who I am...?

I looked at him.

He has to be lying. And also...

"I'm... Sorry..." "Huh?" "I will just end up hurting you..." I turned around. "And also... There is somebody who I like..." I looked back and smiled sadly. "Sorry..." I left. As I left the schoolyard, I saw two people standing at the schoolwalls. One of them rushed towards me.

"Akira-chan!" It was Hiyori. I sae the person at the back who was slowly following the brown-haired girl. Yukine...? As Hiyori was standing in front of me, she held my hands. "We heard from girls who passed by that you were moving! Is that true?!" "I...! I... Yeah..." I didn't want to hurt them. "I'm moving..." I would just be a burden to them... She hugged me. "We... Sure will miss you..." I hugged back, trying to bear my tears.

Yukine was now standing in front of Hiyori and me. Yukine growled. "Yato... Where is that disgrace of a god when somebody needs him...?!" I let go of Hiyori, wiping the corner of my eyes. "Don't call him like that..." "Like what?" "What you just said..." I softly smiled. "But it is true! He left you and says that it will be the last time we'll see, after you changed but..." He paused. "That's just idiotic from him..." "It may be... But... I changed. I... I finally found some friends... Thanks to him, I found you guys...! Sure he left... And sure, I will only be able to live for more two weeks but I..." Then I just realized what happened. "Akira... You are... What...?" Yukine looked at me in disbelief.

"Ah, no, it's nothing... I... I better get going...!" I felt dizzy once again and stumbeled. I feel on the ground. Hiyori rushed to me. "Akira-chan... What is wrong...?" There it was again. That feeling of being a burden to others. It made my chest feel heavy. It hurt... Tears fell from my eyes.

"Nothing... Really... I'm just tired..." "You should go to sleep! If you want you can bring you home!" "No..." I stood up and brushed the dirt from my uniform.

"It's not that kind of tired..."

"Eh...?" I walked ahead, trying to hold in my tears. It didn't work at all. "Akira..." As Yukine put his hand on my shoulder, I pulled away. I still smiled. Tears falling from my eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry..." I left them behind.

[Author's Note]

And here we are again. (Sorry if this annoys you but) Sorry for not updating, last week... But hey, I'll write a chapter right after this chapter is published. Which means this book will be updated right away. Yeah! I think this chapter was pretty messy. At least it seems like that to me. I actually planned to let Hiyori and Yukine appear the day before Akira will face Death. And the confession from Akatsuku also wasn't planned. I just need him so that I can uh... "Fill in" what will happen in these last two weeks so... Yeah. He's pretty random, I could say ._. By the way, how do you like the pic at the beginning of the chapter. Sure, it's Shiro from Deadman Wonderland, but I colored her hair violet so that she kinda looks like Akira (Akira has violet hair and deep blue eyes...). Should I make more pics of that kind?

QOTD: Christmas wish?

AOTD: Money, Books and videogames!

So... See you right after I wrote the next chapter! Bye (~゚ヮ゚)~