Chapter 23 - It hurts to know

Mr. Ibaragi stepped inside, me following him. I stared at the floor as I walked towards my desk. I sat down and looked up. It was quiet. I felt people staring at me for a split second, but they soon looked away. "Raise. Bow. Sit." It was just... As if I was a normal class mate...

But something feels wrong...

Later the bell rang. It was break. I took at my phone.

[ New message from: Hiyori :3 ]

Hey there. Are you feeling okay? Hope you will find some new friends ^-^  We will meet with Yukine and Yato later, in a café o(^o^)o By the way, don't overwork yourself. If you're not feeling well, you should go to the infirmary ( °^°)/ See ya later :)

I smiled, knowing that I got some good friends who actually cared for me. As I wanted to text back I noticed someone standing in front of my desk. As I looked up I saw Yukisawa with some other girls behind her. I gulped. It's not like I was scared of her. It just felt... Uncomfortable. She smiled at me. "Kamitsuka, right?" I nodded. "Do you want to eat with us?"

It feels so wrong...

I looked into her eyes. It somehow made me feel... Mad.

Wrong...

"Why... Why should I eat with some two-faced sluts like you...?!" "Eh?" "You just... Want to use me. Use me to become more popular. What are you claiming for? Becoming queen of this highschool? Pathetic."

Here it is, again...

It was quiet. All eyes in the room were on us. Yukisawa just stared at me blankly. Then she laughed. "Well excuse me, didn't know you were so sensitive. Geez, calm down. I wanted to help you since you looked so lonely. You should be thankful." She turned around to the others. "Right?" I heard mumbling and giggeling.

'Whoa, what a bitch.'

'Who does she think she is?!'

'No wonder she's alone'

I stared at my table, clunching the phone in hands. As they walked off, someone hit it and it fell on the floor. I tried to pick it up someone stepped on my hand. "Oops. My bad.", said the giggling voice. Not bothering to look up to see who it was, I picked up my phone and ran out of the classroom. As I was outside I sat under a tree behind the school building. I remembered when I first met Yukine and Yato. In art lesson we sat here. Until a class mate came... I sighed.

I had the chance to change myself. But I didn't do it. I didn't want to. I just couldn't...

I took out my earphones of the pocket in my school uniform and listened to music. Doing that was one of the simple things that would calm me down.

I don't want to... They will leave me... They will leave me alone and forget me... It hurts. It hurts to know that...

It hurts so much...

[Author's Note]
Ehehe, goumen if the chapters have been short lately ._. But hey, I have fall break now. Which means that I'll have more time to update *^*  Man... I think this fanfic is slowly coming to it's end. I think maybe like 10 more chapters and then... Meh I don't even know :T I guess I'll write some spin-offs after the actual story ended and start a new fanfic of an other anime ~o.o~ But until then there still will be some time. See ya in the next chapter, minna-chan