Chapter Three - Friends

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c h a p t e r t h r e e

{Friends}

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Skylar's POV

Next Friday rolls around, and I'm lying in bed bored out of my mind. It's been a week since I've seen Blake in person. We've been texting every chance we get but haven't set a date to see each other again. I also still haven't warned him about my lack-of-commitment to romantic relationships. 

I'll get there eventually, though.

Acting on a whim, I pull my phone out and type, "Hey, you still haven't seen my place, do you want to tonight?" Groaning at how cheesy it sounds, I delete the entire message. I stare at the keyboard until I create something worthy enough to send.

Sky: Hey, if you're not busy, I'm about to order Chinese takeout. You can come over and help me eat it.

Knowing that's the best I'll come up with, I press send and stare at my ceiling. I watch the fan spin in circles as I patiently wait for a message back. Three minutes pass before my phone buzzes against my stomach.

Blake: I'm totally down to help, what's your address? PS I'm not excited to see you.

I laugh at his post message and instantly reply with my address and a PS note that reads, "I'm totally not excited either." 

I climb out of bed and rush to the bathroom to freshen up, then change into something casual but comfy. The doorbell rings and I eagerly open it. I hand the delivery man money and take the food.

The minute the door closes, a soft knock sounds, I assume it's Blake.

"Hey." He smiles when I open the door.

"Hi, you're just in time." I grin, stepping aside so he can enter. "The food just got here."

I watch as he observes my place like I observed his. I walk to the kitchen and unpack the food. He runs his fingers across things.

"Your place is," He pauses, "Plainer then I thought it would be."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Thank you?"

He walks towards me and sits on the island chairs. "It doesn't seem like you."
     "You barely know me." I pass him a plate and chopsticks and pour us each a glass of wine. I join him at the table. "I haven't really had time to decorate the place. I work a lot and don't ever feel like doing anything on weekends."

He nods and places a piece of chicken in his mouth.

"Did your roommate ever say anything about what happened?"

Blake shakes his head. "No, he's kind of an asshole."
     "Then why do you live with him?"

He adds more rice to his plate. "Well even though he's an asshole, he is still a friend. He just has a lot of issues."

I nod understandingly.

We retreat to the couch when we're finished eating and turn the TV on. He slides his arm around me and I cuddle into him.

I end up clicking a random movie that's playing. I couldn't care less what we're watching, right now I'm focused on him. His hand is making small circles on my thigh, creeping closer and closer towards my hip bone.