Chapter Twenty Three - We meet again

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c h a p t e r t w e n t y t h r e e 

{We meet again}

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Skylar's POV

I promised myself I'd ask Jayden about Olivia the next time I slept over. Which is tonight after the fun plans we have with Raven, Wyatt, Anaya and her boyfriend. I'm thankful I didn't betray his trust last Friday and read the letter. But ever since then, all I've thought about was what it could possibly say. It probably answers most of my questions about Ellie, Olivia, and her and Jayden's relationship.

I open my laptop and type Olivia's full name into the search engine. Instantly, a beautiful, young, blonde-haired woman's face appears on my screen with the exact name and location as Olivia. I stare at her photo as if she is going to speak to me, and answer all of my questions, but she doesn't. I shake my head, snapping out of my weird daze, and scroll through her information.

Her obituary appears a couple rows down, and I hesitantly click. She went to college in California for medicine, but I assume never ended up getting her masters because she passed away. She was at the top of her high school class, had many scholarships, played sports... No wonder Jayden was infatuated with her. She seems amazing.

It also puts her parents into perspective. Who knows if she wanted that life or if it's what they wanted for her. If they were reasonable, she and Jayden would've had a life together and Ellie wouldn't be floating around in the system.

My phone illuminates with a text from Raven that says she is on her way up. I slam my computer shut and rush to my closet. My hair is still damp from my shower and I'm not even dressed yet. Raven lets herself in while I dig for an outfit.

"Hey," I peek up from my dresser when she walks in my room. "You look hot."

She tosses her limp body on my bed and laughs. "Thanks, so do you. You're wearing that towel to the club?"

"Oh definitely," I mock, holding a black strapless top up to my torso. Raven nods her head in satisfaction, and without thinking twice, I drop my towel and slip on the shirt and shimmy into my skinny jeans.

I finish getting ready in no time, and we take a cab to the club where we're meeting everyone else. The group is already in a booth with drinks when we arrive. Jayden doesn't hesitate in standing to greet me with a kiss. His lips linger slightly too long and I feel heat creep into my cheeks.

We've never been out in public with friends blatantly showing affection. I can see Raven smirking in my peripheral.

"Nice to see you Sky. You look amazing."

"You look handsome yourself."

I greet Wyatt, Anaya, and introduce myself to her boyfriend, Owen, who is nice. The entire time we talk, Jayden's hand teasingly moves up and down my leg. I try to stifle my reaction, but I'm not doing a very good job. By the look on his face, he is satisfied with the way he is making me feel. It pisses me off, but excites me at the same time.

I abruptly stand. His hands fall to his sides. "Why don't we go dance? Or play pool?" I grab a shot of tequila off the table and down it. Everyone watches me wide-eyed, especially Jayden, but there is a grin lingering on his lips.

"That sounds like a great idea, we play winners?" Raven stands. "Let's grab more drinks, it looks like Sky needs another." I cock my eyebrow, wondering what she means by that. What do I look like right now? Am I notably flustered? I reach up to touch my cheeks and Jayden snakes his arm around my waist.