Chapter 8

Picture of Sara >>>>

Allison's POV

I sat outside waiting for Steff to show up. Man, me and Steff keep fighting over everything. Now I've been having strange feelings toward Blane. It seems like every time I'm near him I get this urge to kiss him, that I can't pull away from. I've never been attracted to him in anyway, but lately he's been growing on me. When I see him I get butterflies. I can't seem to keep my eyes off his tan long muscly arms, and the way his shirt hugs his chest. I need to quit thinking about him. God, he's my best friend, and I have a boyfriend. One that is on his way right now to pick me up. All because he is jealous of my best friend but I guess he kind of has a reason now. But I'd never tell him that. If he only knew the stuff I've been thinking, I don't think he would ever let me see Blane again.

I still can't believe I almost kissed him in his room. I didn't mean to, I just couldn't seem to pull away. I even went and laid on the other side of the bed so I wasn't that close to him, but of course he turned right around and laid beside me. Man I was going crazy. I could smell a mixture of earthy woods and vanilla spice coming off him. At one point in our conversation I leaned in to whisper in his ear and just about died because he smelt so good. Snap out of it Allison, I told myself. I can't just sit around thinking about him. He thinks of me like a sister. Plus he said himself he was attracted to someone that was obviously not me. The only reason he was going to kiss you is because he's a man and they only think about one thing, especially Blane.

I got up off the steps to go to the street to look for Steff. It's had been like 15 minutes since he called and said he was on his way. Where the hell is he? Just as I got to the curb his car pulled up. I opened up the car door and got in trying to ignore him.

"Are you still mad? I'm not trying to be mean, I just know what guys our age are thinking about so I don't want you to be spending that much time with other guys." He said putting his hand on my leg trying to get me to understand.

I mumbled "uh huh" and just stared out the window. Man I wonder what he'd do if we found out that we weren't mates. You don't just fall out of love with someone you love because the other one found their mate. I never really thought about it. He's already over possessive and doesn't even like me being around my best friend. Man I wonder what's going to happen when I change after my 18th birthday and I don't recognize him as my mate. Man he is going to go crazy. Not wanting to think about it anymore I put my hand on his and gave it a squeeze.

"So you just want me to take you home?" He asked looking over and smiling.

"Yeah, its kind of late." I said wondering how he can go from mad to just fine in 2 seconds.

We just sat there in silence the rest of the way to my house. He pulled up and put the car in park. Just sitting there not knowing what to say I just gave up.

"Well see you tomorrow." I said picking up my stuff about to open the door when he asked.

"Do you really want to go home? It's only 9:30. I say we go find somewhere to park if you get what I mean." He said wiggling his eyebrows.

"You are such a dork you know that right." I said smacking his arm and laughing.

Taking that as a yes he put the car back in drive and pulled away from the curb. Oh man what am I going to tell him. I'm not ready to sleep with him yet. Fuck it's just going to piss him off again.