little tantrum

Please read the super short note after this!

Waking up before my alarm is never good it means, I didnt get a full 8 hours of sleep and that my insomniac meds aren't working meaning, I probably need to go to the doctor again but that won't happen.

I toss in a pair of black skinny jeans and a floral hoodie then slip on my white Converse. Not feeling like messing with my hair I just run my hand threw it calling it good as it's just school and not anything important. I grab a apple, my keys and backpack and head out the door making sure it's locked. I pull on the door three times making sure it's closed fully.

I jump in my old 2001 red Chevy truck and turn on the radio Listening to what ever is playing. As I pull into the diner parking lot. Geoff, Otto and I always meet here for breakfast it's a Monday thing we do every week. I turn the radio down and pull into my normal spot. I see Otto and Geoff by the door and i hop out walking towards them.

"You're early" Geoff gives me a concerned look.

"Woke up before my alarm didn't feel like wasting time lying around so here I am" I dryly reply.

Otto nods his head not wanting to get involved. Otto never understood the whole insomnia thing and that's okay it's a different thing to have and some people just don't understand.....even tho it's not that hard to.

"Let's go eat I'm starving" geoff holds the door open for us and we all walk in taking our normal seats. The waitress comes by to take our drink order then turns to leave us to retrieve the them.

She comes back to take our orders and we all order are normals.

I got a half order of French toast with powder suger. Geoff got biscuits and gravy and Otto got a omelette with a whole bunch of stuff in it.

"You might wanna go to the doctors for your meds awsten" Otto spoke after taking a sip of his coke.

I shrug my shoulders not really caring. I lived with insomnia for 17 years I can deal with it for a couple more weeks or months.

"Awaten you may not care but we do we hate seeing you sleep deprived and honestly you aren't the most fun to be around when you are" Otto nods in agreement to what Geoff just said.

"I get I'm a bitch-" I see the waitress turn and give me a nasty look for swearing but I ignore her and keep talking-"when I'm sleep deprived and am dealing with it but I hate the doctors and I have tried 3 different meds none work maybe none will what's the point of spending all the money?" A questioning look gets sent both their ways from me.

"You actually get a full 8 hours of goddamn sleep!" Geoff snaps making otto look at him. Geoff never snaps at least it's rare like a once a month thing so it always catchs me and Otto of gaurd.

"GODDAMN awsten we care about you but some times you have to suck up your fear and deal with that you have this condition and need meds to help you sleep! Get over yourself at some point!" He slams his hand down on the table shaking our drinks and earning another look from the waitress.

She quickly turns around grabbing our order as the chef rings the bell saying it's ready.

She puts the food in front all of us and we eat in uncomfortable silence.
When we finish and we all head to our cars Geoff grabs my wrist making me stop.

"I'm sorry aws but I'm just concerned I have known you since we where in shitting things on our butts and I just hate this okay?" I nod and jump into my truck.

"See you at school" I yell to the boys as I drive by them. They quickly wave.

After a short drive we all pull into our spots meeting at the doors again.

"Let's get to class before the bell rings. I don't wanna deal with anybody today" I say as I walk towards the doors not feeling like explaining anything else to the two brunettes.

As I open the door I slam into someone making us both fall. I Stand up and see a girl laying on the floor and a pair of ice skates around her shoulder.

"Watch where the hell you're going" she says in a pissed off tone kinda stunning me.

"Well excuse me little miss tantrum" I retort and she laughs. "Yeah that's so funny" I retort and she stands up dusting herself off.

She rolls her eyes and extends her hand out for me to shake but I ignore it keeping my heands in my jean pockets. She again rolls her eyes at me.

"My name is tantrum rose" she replys and I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Really? Your parents must of know you would be a trouble maker huh? " I question.

"Your last name is knight I mean come on dude you can't talk shit" her lips twitch at the end of her sentence.

"It's knight with a k like knight in shining armor"

"Well I don't see much shinning about you"

"Well ms. Rose you're not all flowers and pedals are you?" She shakes her head with a soft laugh.

"Note the first name, knight in shining armor. it's tantrum rose and roses have thorns they may just prick you in the ass"

"So I'm your knight in shining armor?" I say ignoring everything she said but I did hear it.

"Watch those thorns knight, they're gonna prick you" she retorts walking off

I watch her walk off and her skates bounce against he shoulder.

"You okay?" Otto ask I nod.

"Who is she?" I ask looking at them. I have never seen her before.

"She's the hockey team captain" Geoff explains

"Didn't know the school had a girl's hockey team"

"They don't" Otto jumps in and I give a suprised look.

——————————————————

SO THIS IS THE FIRST CHAPTER TO MY WATERPARKS BOOK TANTRUM ROSE! IM STILL IN THE STAGE OF WRITING THIS AND FIGURING OUT EXACTLY HOW I WANT THE BOOK TO GO BUT WHEN I PUBLISH IT I WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW!

Please comment and vote!!!!!