music to my ears.

*not edited*

I grab my ear pods and my phone puttung on fall out boy immortals.

I drum along to the drums as it's the only thing I can hear. Just the instruments in the song no voices to go with them.

Everyone just thinks I'm deaf but I'm not. I can head music just no voices. Just the instruments being played

I pull my jacket closer to my body and the beanie farther onto my head as the cold air nips at my body sending a shiver down my spine.

I see mrs, steller sitting on her porch and I wave at her and she smiles back signing a "have a good day".

She use to babysit me when I was 11 or so and learned sigh language to help communicate with me. I can talk just fine but of course can't hear.

I see the local coffee shop sign and speed up my walk. As I enter the coffee shop I take of my head phones and walk up to the counter.

"I take white hot chocolate with vanilla"  ari nods putting in the order and signing the amount to me.

Ari learned sigh language in college as a extra class she now is my best friend also. We dont hang much normally we only see each other here at the coffee shop but it's beautiful here and smells amazing, so I don't mind.

I grab my hot chocolate and turn around to find a seat.

"Hello I'll take a French vanilla bean frap pls"

My hot chocolate slips out my hand and I let out a little scream.

Ari jumps over the counter and signs

What's wrong?

I heard him speak

What?

I start shaking to bad to sign anymore and see everyone looking at me. She probably thinks I'm crazy.

I'll get you a new hot chocolate and clean this up sit down

I nod my head but still look at the boy wide eyed. As he gets his drink he turns to leave the shop and I stand up running after him and grab his arm just as he reaches the door.

He looks at me wide eyed.

"S-sit down me?" I ask and he nods his head slowly following me to my seat.

I look at my hands playing with them.

How am I supposed to talk to him? Why did I hear him? Amwas it my imagination?

"Hey you okay?" I jump looking up at him.

Ari hands me my coffee and decide this was a bad idea.

"I got to go I sorry" I grab my coffee and dash out the door. The young gentleman following me yelling stuff but I ignore him and dash home trying not to slip on the light ice in the ground.

I unlock me front door and slam it close.

I feel tears start go fall down my face and I fall against the door with a whimper.

*******************************

Woah this is something very new. I seen a writing prompt and it gave me this idea and I kinda like it? Nothing amazing but this is so different I think!

Vote and comment pls!