star gazing

I push the mop into the janitor closet as my dad walks up to me.
"You're free to go son"

I nod and walk to the pool table that's on the bottom floor in the back along with the arcade. I grab my $1 in quarters from the counter and slide it in the slots making all the balls fall to the opening so I can rack them. As I go to brake a girl grabs my stick making me turn around to her.

I yank my stick out of her hand not waiting for her to let go.
"Excuse me I'm trying to play"

"Can I play with you?" She grabs a stick coming over.

"Whatever." I put my stick on the table and brake the balls making the 15 ball.

I take my next shot at the 5 my next available shot and miss by a hair.

"Close one" the girl snorts out. I roll my eyes and back away from the table taking a seat at the table next to it.

As the girl goes I take a closer look at her.

She has short brown hair the goes to just above her shoulders and she's wearing black ripped skinny jeans with a couple sizes to big black hoodie. She looks up and I can see her bright blue eyes from here taking my breath away.

"Your turn" she sits down watching.

I get up and shoot at my available ball and hit it in smoothly. I hit 3 more before I miss.

She stands up getting one in then moving to her next. She misses and sits.

When the game is over i knock the 8 ball in meaning I won the game.

"Thanks for playing" I say standing up and shaking her hand.

She grabs her stuff walking out the door. I grab my phone looking at the time and decided to grab my keys and my floral hoodie from behind the front counter and head towards the back door that leads to the stair case for the roof.

I unlock the door with a sigh and find my place on the ledge. I lay down with my arm behind my head proppin it up slightly and look at the stars above me. I grab out my yellow and red twizzlers from my hoodie pocket and munch on them.

As a shooting star goes by I close my eyes and make a wish.

After a short secound I reopen my eye and keep looking up at the balls of gas in the sky.

As hours tick by I find myself drifting off into a tired state so I gather all m things and head to my room, that's in the hotel.

Taking off my shoes and socks, I slide on a pair of pajama pants and lay in my bed. I plug in my phone so my alarm goes off and I slowly drift off to sleep.

—————————

This is the first chapter to my new story called "star gazing" please check it out! I'm putting so much work into this book and would appreciate it!