two

||| Mackenzie |||

The first few classes of the day went by like usual. Nothing interesting really happened, well Brynn nearly got herself a detention but Annie came to her rescue like usual.

It was finally lunch, and although the bell had just gone the cafeteria was already buzzing, people racing to the line to cue up for food, wanting to get there early before the 'good' stuff is gone.

Brynn was already at our table near the back, the cafeteria wasn't really divided into areas of 'cool' and 'uncool' 'popular' and 'unpopular' but everyone group had there table. It was like an unofficial seating plan, everyone sat in the same spot on the same table with there usual friends.

I didn't mind where our table was, although you'd think cause it was near the back we wouldn't draw much attention to ourselves. Unfortunately. Johnny, Hayden and Carson sit on the table next to ours, meaning the attention is always on this side of the room; and although we aren't getting stared at, it sure does feel like it.

"Where's Annie?" I hum as sit down opposite Brynn, who was already digging in to her slice of pizza. Her dad owner this really cool pizza place down the road, it was the towns favourite.

"No clue" Brynn sighed, passing me a slice. She was usually the first here, as she just had her favourite class; Drama. All I know about that class is that the teacher is he best, and allows them to leave 10 minuets early for lunch.

Before I could reply, a voice interrupted is. "Kenz! Brynny!" A voice squealed, causing us to turn our attention to none other than Nadia and surprisingly Johnny.

Well not that surprising actually. Although Johnny, and his two friends Hayden and Carson, were complete fuckboys. He had this thing with Nadia. I don't get it, they've broken up and got back together so many times, he's cheated so many times from what I've heard. Apparently she's just desperate for his attention.

"I trust you two are coming to the party this weekend!" She continued, her fake smile larger than ever as she stayed close to Johnny's side. Who was too busy talking to Carson from across the table, looking like he'd want to be anywhere else but with Nadia.

"Yeah of course!" Brynn quickly said, before I could have a choice. Why Nadia was inviting us? I don't know. Why Brynn was saying yes? I don't know either.

"Um... I'm busy." I shrugged with a half smile' even though I wasn't aware when the party exactly was and I probably wasn't busy.

"Oh come on-" Nadia started before Johnny interrupted her. I wasn't even aware that he was listening or paying attention to our conversation.

"You should come. You won't regret it." Johnny spoke, causing me to look to him. I realised his eyes were on me, and being under his stare was rather intimidating. Also the fact that his eyes seemed to be roaming my body, while a smirk tugged on his lips.

"O-okay." I stuttered, biting the inside of my cheek as I kept my eyes on him. It was so easy to tell how he had so many girls swoon. Fuck, I'm a stuttering mess and he's said 7 words to me.

"Good." He hummed out, his smirk only growing as he winked my way, Nadia only seeming to huff. Did he do this often? Flirt with other girls in front of her? I knew not to feel special, he was like this with most girls.

The two walked off and I couldn't help but keep my eyes on him. If he wasn't so damn attractive it would be so much easier to just brush him off and say he's a fuckboy.

"O-okay." Brynn stuttered, a smirk on her face as she nudged me. Obviously mocking me from before. I blushed and shook my head, nudging her back.

"Shut up. I wasn't expecting him to talk to us." I defended, shaking my head as I took a bite out of the slice of pizza Brynn gave me.

"Oh he didn't talk to us. Honey he was talking to you." Brynn smirked, letting out a giggle as she finished off her pizza. I would've replied and denied, but I caught sight of Annie entering.

The funny thing was, none other than Hayden Summerall was only a few steps in front of her. Both there hair was messy, lips were swollen- oh my god.

"No. Way." Brynn spoke, obviously noticing and putting two and two together like me. Annie acted clueless as she quickly sat down, her cheeks were red as well. She wasn't the best with lying.

"W-What?" Annie asked, trying to sound clueless, grabbing a slice of pizza as she tried to occupy herself, glancing around the cafeteria and avoiding eye contact with the two of us.

"You just had a makeout session with Hayden Summerall!" Brynn gaped, Annie's eyes going wide at how loud she talked, while I kicked her under the table. Although I was as surprised and wanted to know, the whole cafeteria didn't need to know.

"I-I wouldn't call it- okay maybe I did." Annie blushed, looking down as she shook her head. My mouth went wide at the confession, okay sure i already knew as it was quite obvious, but the thought was still surprising.

"Annie Leblanc, as in the goodie two shoes who has no time for boys, hooked up with Hayden." Brynn confirmed, her eyes still wide. In fairness so were mine. It was so unlike Annie, just proves how good those guys are with getting girls.

"We made out okay? No big deal. But he invited me to some party this weekend... and I uh, really wanna go." She said, a small smile was on her face. Oh god this guy was already having an effect on her. Since when did Annie want to go to parties? Oh wait, never.

"It's confirmed! All three of us are going!" Brynn grinned, clapping her hands together. The smile was still on Annie's face and I let out a groan. Although I had said yes, well o-okay, to Johnny, I didn't plan on going.

"No~ do we have to?" I sigh. I didn't hate parties, but considering we were invited by Nadia, I knew this wasn't just a regular party. Everyone was invited, and that means crowded rooms and alcohol with drugs and horny teenagers.

I'll pass.

"Yes. Come on, for Annie." Brynn hummed, pouting. Of course she'd pull that, considering Annie barley goes to parties I do feel the need to attend so she would certainly.

"Fine, Whatever." I huff, shaking my head as I finished off my pizza.

•••

Vote and comment what you think! Thanks for reading!