three

||| Mackenzie |||

The party was tomorrow. Nothing else really happened yesterday after lunch, let I couldn't get Johnny's words out of my head.

Trust me, I know how stupid it was. But he had that effect on girls. I was stupid to think I would be any different, from the smirk that's always on his face and his green eyes that hold an intimidating look that made me a stuttering mess; it was easier said than done with getting him out of your mind.

Luckily I'm smart enough to remember the fact that he's a fuckboy. Surprise, surprise, Nadia wasn't the girl he had around his arm today. I don't know who it was, and I didn't really care. All I knew it was some blonde girl, and they were busy sticking each other's tongues down there throats.

"What am I meant to wear?" Annie hummed, luckily today we had a substitute teacher for Maths, and the poor old woman had no chance in controlling her class.

"Wear a cute dress. Nothing too fancy, but not something extremely casual." Brynn answered with a smile. We had been listening to Annie worry and over think about the party all morning, and we'll probably hear about it until we walk through the doors.

I don't blame her though, she hadn't been to a house party for at least 3 years. It will be reassuring knowing I'd have someone else to hang out with and help me look after Brynn, who seemed to get drunk and herself into trouble every time.

"We'll come to yours earlier and we can get ready together, so you don't feel under or over dressed." I reassure with a slight laugh, knowing that Brynns suggestion was no help.

Annie let out a small sigh of relief, nodding as she ran a hand through her hair. "Okay thanks." She smiled, pursing her lips as she glanced to the front of the classroom quickly before looking back to us.

Yet again, this morning Annie had ditched me and Brynn. And of course, we caught her with none other than Hayden. I'm not annoyed that she's ditching us, I'm quite happy she is putting herself out there and talking to a guy.

But Hayden? Out of all guys. He's a player, and I've already seen Annie go through a tough break up. Brynn and I don't need him breaking her heart.

"Yeah don't worry, we'll make sure you look perfect for Hayden." Brynn smirked, nudging Annie as she wiggled her eyebrows, causing me to let out a laugh as Annie's face went red.

"No! I'm not only going for Hayden..." Annie denied, shaking her head. "We're going cause Johnny insisted Kenzie goes." Annie huffed, obviously trying to change the subject. We all knew she wanted to be there because Hayden invited her.

"He did not insist. He simply recommended it, and I'm only going cause you're finally deciding to step out of your house for something other than school or food." I replied, starting to pack up my stuff as the bell rang.

"Fair point." Annie muttered, letting out a laugh as I grinned, sending her a small shrug. I watched as the two of them packed up before we headed for the door.

Unfortunately, I had my least favourite class next. History, neither Annie or Brynn are in the class with me and I have no other real close friends either. The only time I enjoy the class is when I want alone time.

"See ya at lunch Kenz!" Brynn shouted once we turned opposite ways in the hall, causing me to laugh slightly and shaking my head. I don't know how she has the confidence to yell down the hall, I definitely don't.