twenty one

a/n: hEy i really hate this book 🤪

||| mackenzie |||

like expected, brynn did manage to drag me to carson's party. it's started to become me being the one who would needed convincing to attend a party. annie would go anywhere hayden was.

"so he broke up with nadia?" brynn squealed, hitting my arm as we walked towards carson's house. "this for sure means he like you kenz!" brynn continued as i scoffed.

"no way. he doesn't know anything about me, except how i am in bed." i mumbled with a small shrug - both of them letting out a laugh.

"and in car." brynn smirked causing me to roll
my eyes. yeah i probably didn't need to tell them that but oh well.

"shut up." i muttered with a small laugh as we entered carson's house. i was quite familiar with it now. well the living room, kitchen and bathroom i could navigate easily from when being here with the 'group'.

it didn't take long for brynn and annie to spot hayden and carson... who were accompanied by mandla and connor. no johnny, which seemed weird.

"hi," i hummed as i gave small smiles to the guys when we finally reached them. hayden i had became quite fond of, in a friend way of course.

he seems to be seriously interested in annie.

carson still just seems like an absolute idiot but him and brynn appear to be doing well, not sure how much talking they actually do yet they still call themselves boyfriend and girlfriend and get on well.

i had already zoned out of the conversation that was taking place - my eyes scanned the room. i was looking for johnny but i wouldn't admit it out loud.

it didn't take long to find him, and i was tempted to roll my eyes when i spotted him with nadia. but he seemed to be trying to get rid of her.

unfortunately he managed to get away from nadia and his eyes found carson and hayden - causing him to look at me.

and i was just watching him. great.

surprise surprise, a fucking smirk spread on his face when he noticed i was watching him as he started walking over. i was quick to look away, as if he wouldn't realise.

"i'm gonna get a drink." i hummed quickly, even though i'm sure no one was listening to me. why i was avoiding johnny? i have no clue.

weaving through the crowd i just hoped he wasn't gonna follow me. i doubt he will... right? right.

biting my lip as i scanned the drinks table, i shouldn't have been surprised when a voice right in my ear snapped me out of my thoughts.

"are you trying to avoid me now?" johnny hummed in my ear, which made me flinch as i quickly turned around.

of course he was smirking, and standing very close to me. just great.

"you can't just sneak up on people like that." i huffed, pushing his chest back slightly to allow some more space between us.

"i mean it was quite rude of you to walk off as soon as you saw me approaching in the first place." he pointed out, taking a sip of the beer in his hand.