eleven

50 votes. 10 comments for update.
Don't be a ghost reader!

||| Mackenzie |||

The fact that I ended up in detention for doing absolutely nothing is still pissing me off. Maybe cause I even tried to tell my friends we shouldn't bother to go look at the fight that was going on. But no. Let's not listen to the responsible one of the group.

I wasn't actually pissed off with them, well it's not like they'd care. We were currently outside as Annie cared to Hayden's black eye that he insisted was fine, and Brynn was dealing with Carson's busted lip. I'm still confused on the Brynn situation.

"How come they're getting looked after?" Johnny scoffed as he sat on the bench in the courtyard. We were told to get to class, but the guys insisted on skipping. And my friends agreed. It's not like we're already in trouble or anything.

"I don't need looking after." Hayden interrupted with a huff as he looked to Annie who was still dabbing ice around his face. Where'd she even get that from?

"Yes you do." Annie hummed with the shake of her head. "Do you want a huge bruise covering your face for the next week?" Annie hummed, raising an eyebrow as she stopped and looked at him. Hayden just huffed and shook his head, Annie resuming to holding the ice against his eye.

"The asshole punched me in the lip." Carson scoffed, Brynn slapping him for talking. This was stupid. Couldn't they look after themselves?

"Same." Johnny agreed, a smirk spreading across his face as he looked to me. "Wanna kiss it better Mackenzie?" He hummed out, his smirk not faltering once as I scoffed.

Yeah, I probably would've blushed if I wasn't already annoyed. "Keep dreaming," I laughed, shaking my head as I sat down on the bench next to Hayden, looking at Annie.

"I will." Johnny hummed with a shrug, causing me to shake my head as I felt my cheeks heat up. I can't tell if I hate him or not. If he wasn't so attractive it'd be much easier.

•••

"If you two leave me for your boy toy and boyfriend for the whole of detention I will actually never speak to you again." I state as we headed towards the room where detention was being held.

"I think I have permission to spend some time with Hayden as he's my boyfriend, not a boy toy." Annie chirped in response, Brynn shaking her head with a fake gasp.

"He's not my boy toy! We simply hooked up a few times." Brynn defended with a huff, Annie and I shaking our heads in union. Did she forget to mention the fact that she cheated on her boyfriend with him.

"While you had a boyfriend." Annie hummed, Brynn only shaking her head as we entered the classroom. The guys were already here, spread out across the back row with bored looks spread across there faces. 

"Miss Leblanc, Ziegler and Rumfallo I did not expect to see you guys here." The teacher hummed with raised eyebrows, the guys chuckling as we shook our heads. "Well Brynn isn't a surprise but," She quickly added

"We don't-" I started, but was interrupted by Brynn, who cut me off while rolling her eyes and stepping forward.

"Where we sitting?" Brynn huffed, playing with the ends of her hair, me frowning as I didn't have the chance to explain that I wasn't meant to be here and shouldn't be, if it wasn't for our stubborn asshole of a principal.

"Spread out amongst the middle row." The old lady, Miss Kalis hummed with a nod. We listened of course, and due to Annie and Brynn wanting to sit in front of there boyfriend and 'not boy toy' I was stuck in front of Johnny.

I need to stop hanging out with them, because I'll either end up third wheel or with Johnny.

"I think you're definitely stalking me princess," Johnny hummed with a smirk as I took a seat, me turning to look at him with an eye roll. Yet once again someone beat me to speaking.

"No talking. Isn't that an obvious rule?" Miss Kalis huffed as she turned to face the six of us. "I'll be in the staff room for the next hour, then I'll come back to dismiss you all. If I hear a noise the detention will simply be doubled." She nodded, grabbing her key as she left - making sure to lock the door behind her.

"What are we meant to do if there's a fire or evacuation?" Carson hummed, referring to the fact that she locked the door. His point was far fetched, but true. We'd be dead - and the school would be in a heap of shit.

"Don't foreshadow any thing." Annie hummed with a small shake of her head and laugh, already having moved to the desk next to Hayden's. It's only been a week since she's openly hung out with Hayden but I can already tell he brings her out of her shell.

"So Mackenzie. You still delighted to be here?" Johnny spoke once the other four broke into some flirty conversations, he leant forward on his desk towards me, his stupid smirk on his face like usual. Does he know how to use any other facial expression?

"Very." I responded with sarcasm, looking to him as I shook my head. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy talking to him. Can you blame me? He's incredible to look at and has a decent sense of humour. It's just his flirty and dirty remarks are annoying. He'd be a great friend. But I don't think we know the same meaning of friends when it comes to someone of the opposite gender.

"You know, I heard kissing is a great way to pass time." Johnny smirked, a wink following as he kept his eyes on me. I let out a laugh in response. I was getting used to the mention of us kissing that it wasn't even making me blush anymore. Well hopefully.

"You had the perfect opportunity to kiss me at Hayden's house and didn't take it," I started with a hum. "Missed your chance." I shrugged, giving a sarcastic smile. Of course he just matched it with an amused one, seeming to like the fact that I wasn't giving in to his flirty remarks. Which I would be doing if I was confident. But I wasn't so.

"I like you Ziegler." He hummed as he slowly nodded and smirked, leaning back in his seat. "And you definitely like me." He added, his tongue grazing over his bottom lip - and I could tell he did it without realising but shit.

I suddenly forgot how to form words, so I simply laughed and shook my head as I turned around to face the front again.

•••

This hasn't been proof read or edited cause I just wanted to get an update out.

I know this is a mess but y'all got an update wowowowoow

Also I really wanna make friends ya know so pm me if ya wanna be friends! And sorry if I'm awkward at first I tend to be an awkward little shit and worry about what I say.

Anywhos don't be a ghost reader! Vote and comment! It encourages me to update!