five

10 votes and 4 comments for update!

||| Mackenzie |||

Walking into the house where this party was being held, Carson's house that is (which is huge may I add), I mentally cringe when the smell of alcohol filled the air.

It was too cliche. Music was booming, people were scattered in groups; either talking, drinking, laughing or dancing. While you had the horny teenagers scattered across the couches making out as if they were by themselves.

I didn't feel intimidated by the large crowd, surd I still did not want to be here, but I wasn't uncomfortable. I could tell Annie was though.

The look in her eyes gave it away, I've known her for years now and she was having second thoughts, it was obvious. Her arms were now wrapped around her chest and stomach as if to hide herself, and she was biting her bottom lip.

"Don't worry, it'll be fun." I reassured, sending her a small smile; which she returned, yet her eyes continued to glance around the room as if she was looking for something. Well someone.

She was looking for Hayden, and I was just hoping that he would actually give her a chance and that she wouldn't see him kissing some other girl.

Although Johnny invited me here, I don't expect him to be on the look out for me, heck he probably won't notice I'm here.

As if on cue, Hayden appeared in front of us. And although Brynn was convinced suddenly that Annie and Hayden were meant for each other, she too looked confused that the schools fuckboy had noticed Annie had arrived and had already approached her.

"Annie! You made it." He smiled, running a hand through his hair, before studying her face and body. But instead of looking at her suggestively, he seemed to be studying her emotions.

"Do you wanna go outside? It's less crowded out there..." he quickly suggested, noticing her uncomfortable state. It almost made me smile, Hayden... one of the biggest fuckboys to step foot in our high school, seems to have a soft spot for my best friend.

"Uh Yeah, that'll be great actually." Annie smiled sheepishly as she rubbed her arm slightly, glancing to me and Brynn to see if we'd follow.

"I'm gonna find Mark, I promise I'll catch up with you two later! Have fun! And Hayden if I see you getting close to another girl tonight besides Annie I will make sure no girl will go near you again." Brynn smiled, before walking off. I let out a laugh, shaking my head.

Hayden just nodded slowly, a nervous chuckle leaving his lips as he offered his hand out for Annie to take, Annie taking his hand with no hesitation.

Aw how cute, I guess third wheeling it is. I followed behind, Hayden basically having to pull Annie through the crowd as I tried to keep up.

People sure as hell made way for Hayden, but the amount of times I got pushed into walls and other people caused me to nearly forget where I was walking.

When I finally made it to the back door, I quickly caught up to Hayden and Annie, just hoping where we were going would have more people; even if it was Hayden's groups of friends.

Luckily, I was right. Near the back of the backyard was a large table, chairs scattered around it that were filled with Hayden's friends and some other people I've never seen before.

Of course, my eyes fell on Johnny straight away. Nadia was back on his lap, I'm guessing they were back together.

He looked amazing like usual, well all the guys on the table did. Our school did have plenty of attractive guys... shame most of them are assholes.

He must've noticed that I was looking at him, cause we made eye contact, which brought a stupid smirk to his face before he sent a wink my face.

Does he not remember he has a girl on his lap?

Hayden and Annie sat down in two seats that were spare, next to each other, and unfortunately there was no spare seat near them. Only one next to Johnny on the other side of the table.

Annie sent me a sympathetic smile, raising her eyebrows to offer if I would want to just go somewhere else with her.

I shook my head, I wasn't going to ruin this for her. Walking over to the spare seat, I felt eyes on me as I ran my hands over the front of my black dress.

It was tight fitting, and ended mid thigh. It was simple and I liked it, it didn't make me stand out but I at least felt as if I looked decent.

Sitting down, I looked around the table again, trying to figure out who I knew the names of and who I didn't.

I recognised Carson, Hayden and Johnny of course. Nadia, Sophia, Ruby and Lauren. There was a few other guys, but I've never seen them before.

"Didn't think you'd show up." Johnny's voice snapped me out of my thoughts, it made me realise that everyone had broken off into little conversations and that Nadia was no longer sat on Johnny's lap.

"Aw you thought about me, how cute." I smirked, running a hand through my hair as I looked too him. Of course he still had his stupid smirk across his face, his eyes flashing with amusement.

"Not the only things I was thinking about." He hummed, his smirk only seeming to grow. I swear I would've chocked if I had anything in my mouth.

"You're disgusting." I laughed, shaking my head as my bit my bottom lip out of habit. He was a fuckboy, he made it quite obvious too.

"You're the one who took it in a dirty way." Johnny replied with a wink, ruffling his hair slightly. He raised his head slightly as he did so, showing off his jawline. Fuck that's a nice jawline.

"I-I did not say that." I stuttered, shaking my head as my cheeks turned slightly red. He was right... but so was I. He and I both know that his comment was sexual.

"You implied it." He sung, a grin on his face.

"So did you!" I defended, a laugh falling from my lips as I shook my head.

"Guess we have a lot in common then." He winked once again, causing my cheeks to heat up... again.

Smooth Johnny. Real smooth.

What more could I expect though? His way with words and the looks he gives most girls causes every girls heart to flutter. And it sucks.

"You never quit." I laugh, playing it off as I shake my head. Glancing around the table, I noticed both Annie and Hayden had disappeared.

That was quick.

•••

I know it's short but I wanted to update!

Part two of the party chapter will be up soon!

Vote and comment to motivate me please!