Kiss Me Again

Hey guys. This one is really long but it's so good, trust me. I'm so happy I wrote this. A song that's good for this chapter is obviously Kiss Me Again c: enjoy, lovalies.

The hours inched by and I could'nt take it much longer. I couldn’t escape the thoughts in my mind, the non stop question I asked myself. Was it my fault? Does she still do this? When did this happen? They rush through my head seemingly by 50 miles a minute; so fast I couldn’t make myself it think rationally about them. I found I couldn’t sit still.

                Finally, Rian had passed out at around two in the morning, Jack was ordering another pizza with sausage, Riley made her way upstairs, and I followed. I peer around the corner to see Riley leaning against the bathroom sink, staring herself down as her eyes turned glassy. I can’t let her cry, not again. I walk up behind her as she drops her head down. I snake my arms around her waist. At first, she is started. When she realizes it’s only me, she relaxes, but doesn’t make eye contact with me.

                “Riley,” I say as I turn her to face me. She refuses eye contact with me. I grab her hand and lead her to Jack’s surprisingly clean room. I sit her down and I sit cross legged in front of her. I hold both of her tiny little hands in mine. “Please.” I beg.

                “Alex..” Her small voice manages to croak out. “I’m sorry..” She leaps forward and hugs me tightly. I hold her back and sigh into her shoulder, partially relieved.

                “Please, don’t do this, Ri.” I beg softly. She pulls away, sniffling. I lightly grab her arm and begin to pull up her black sleeve. I study her face as I do so to make sure it’s okay. As it reaches the inside of her elbow, she shakes and trembles, embarrassed.

                “I’m so sorry,” She says, hicing through each word.

                “No, no, no, Ri, please. Don’t be.” I pull her in and embrace her. “Why?” I stoke her hair with one hand and trace her spine with the other.

                “I feel worthless, Lex.” She starts. My stomach twists in pain immediately. I hold her tighter. “I don’t feel important to anybody, I’m sorry. I just hurt. So, so bad, Lex…” She takes a deep breath to steady herself. I pull away, holding her shoulder and I look her in her eyes, watching the tears fall.

                “You are beautiful, Riley. You mean everything to me-” I stop, catching myself. “Us. We all love you. You’re so important to Jack, Rian, Zack, and I. Come to us next time. Just please, don’t hurt yourself, Ri. You’re too precious..” I say.

                “I’m trying.” She states, her bottom lip trembling. She pulls her hand to her mouth to cover it up. She tries starting another sentence but I stop her.

                “Shhhh,” I interrupt. “Let’s just try to sleep, okay?” She nods, slowly standing up. I pull her back down. “You’re not leaving me tonight.”

                “But –”

                “No.” I state sternly but softly. She turns the light off, letting the moon light shine in through the windows and crawls next to me. I pull the covers over us. As I wrap my arms around her, she nuzzles her face into my shoulder. I breathe in her beautiful scent of apples. I can’t let her do this again. I rub her back gently and hum to her to calm her tears. Soon, she’s asleep and I move away a little to look at her. She’s so beautiful. I pull the hair from her face which was stuck with dried tears. I kissed her forehead, hoping she didn’t feel it. “I love you, Riley.” I whisper.