Familiar Places

Hey I'm back! :D Today is my birthday but hopefully I'll have time to type more chapters :D I hope you enjoyyyyyy :D

“It’s shopping spree time, Riley!” Cass shouts as she drags me from the car toward the mall. I roll my eyes and groan loudly so she knows I find this to be torture. My date with Alex will be in five hours and Cass insisted on shopping for the date. I don’t see how I will, considering I have no clue where we’re going or what we will be doing. Although I’m glad Cass and I can spend some time together. She’s always fun to be around, she’s so lighthearted and it’s just fun.     

               “Cass, I don’t even know where’s he’s taking me,” I protest as she drags me into a Debs store.

               “Then we will go classy, but not too classy. It’s not like he’ll take you hiking!” She laughs and I laugh with her. That’s true. I was still waiting on that song, and I couldn’t stop thinking about it. He was so scared and nervous when Jack had brought it up. He wanted to murder him. A smile pulls onto my face. “Earth to Riley, let’s go!” She snaps me out of my daydream and holds up four dresses.

               I’m not a fan of the colors orange and yellow, so she puts three down and hold up a faded pink dress. I cringed at the style. It had lace covering the sleeves and the bottom of the dress. I like lace, but not this much, or in the style it was. I didn’t have a choice though. Cass at least wanted me to “double check” that it wasn’t something I’d actually enjoy. I roll my eyes and slip on the dress.

               It didn’t even make it out of the dressing room.

               She leads me to another shop. Hanging white lights shimmer down as soft music plays. The set up was intriguing and it gave me hope for a dress. I didn’t want something too girly, but I didn’t want something too punk. I mean, if I have to, I could dress up in something to the girly side, but I don’t really prefer it.

               Cass and I grazed the racks. I actually found three that I liked and Cass found more of her style and shoved two dresses in my hands right before I closed the changing room door. I suppress a gag as I look at Cass’s green dress. It’s a deep green and I immediately turn it down. Green, especially that green, isn’t my color.

               The red dress I was hoping for was too big and this was the smallest size they had, so I sadly place it on the pile with the rejects. I groan. “Cass, why am I doing this?” I put my head in my hands. “It’s just a simple date and-”

               “Shut up, Riley. Some woman just put back a dress and I think you’ll love it!”

               “Cass, what you think I like, and what I actually like are two totally different things,” I chuckle an annoyed laugh.

               “Trust me!” Cass complains and throws the dress over the top of the door. I catch the soft material in my hands, immediately admiring it. The black dress was covered in black lace but it was soft. Upon no more examination, I check the size and it’s the correct one. With a smile, I slide the dress on. I check myself out a few times.

               “Cass,” I say as I peak through the door. “I like it,”

               She wiggles her eyebrows the same way Jack does, but when I round the corner further, I see Kayla. “I actually picked out that dress,” She winks at me and Cass rolls her eyes.

               “What are you doing here?” I say, finally coming out of shock. I run to hug her tightly.

               “Family reunion, I’ll be here for five days!” She smiles wide.