No Regrets

Since Alexia and I became on to a talking basis, we’ve begun to get closer. I’ve come to find that she has very much matured as a person, which I am very grateful for. She has been there for me since Riley and I split and she has been there every single time that I have had some sort of break down, or gotten close to one. She genuinely is making me pretty happy, and that feels good running through my veins again, the happiness.

When we’re on the phone, she’s all I think about. Riley never crosses my mind when I talk to Alexia. She really knows how to take my mind off of things. Seeing how she’s changed so much, I could see myself getting pretty close to her, I really could. She and I used to be so close until I realized how she was. Now, she’s a new person, a clean white board with no marks or filth from before. She was cleaned. She was erased.

Jack is slowly becoming more and more accepting of her being in my life again after seeing the changes she’s had on me so quickly. I mean, he isn’t head over heels for the idea, but at least he isn’t totally disapproving, not that I would listen to him anyway. As of late, because of Alexia, I’ve left that fear of being numb and raw. It doesn’t come back. I mean sure, sometimes I get down about it, who the hell wouldn’t? But, I’m trying. I’m trying to move on, maybe in hopes of moving onto Alexia.

I don’t know my intentions yet. It started out with me wanting no more than a friendship because I was afraid of being alone, but then we got close again and I could see she had changed. I’m not imagining it, she really changed. Even Jack had commented on it.

I won’t let her and I be like Lisa and I were. That was a messy situation, both in a literal and a metaphoric sense. I don’t even know why I did that. Right now, I can pinpoint why I could move onto her in time, one reason being that she had changed so much from how she used to be. She’s such a kind hearted person now, something she wasn’t back then.

I can tell she has grown to be a more understanding person, as she’s stuck by me in all of my fits and anger spats on the recent current wave of events. Right now, we’re doing set up for our show and I can already feel that feeling in the pit of my stomach, excitement. I’m happy to see her, to see how she has changed since the last time I had seen her. I wonder if she still has that beautiful long blonde hair that I adore, running down her back.

Every now and then, when the guys aren’t looking, I’ll check my phone and send her a text as she updates to me how close she is, sending ripples to my stomach with each passing text.

Thankfully, Riley wanted to stay back today during set up. She had told the guys she’d be down later during the concert, which I don’t care. I won’t have to be near her and face her. All I need to do is face Alexia.

Checking my phone one last time, I see she had texted me a few minutes ago saying she was ten minutes away. I slide my phone into my pocket, a smile producing on my face as I wave to Jack, letting him know where I’m going. After set up is done, I’ll have enough time to show her around and maybe eat a quick lunch, depending on what is close by that’s pretty empty.

As I open the door to where she should be, I see her getting out of a black car, trying to get a glance at who drove her here. The black windows defeat my attempts and she closes the door before facing me. I smile widely and her feet pat against the ground as she makes her way over to me, engulfing me in a tight embrace, sighing into the crook of my neck. I close my eyes and breathe in, smelling a very perfume like smell roll off of her in large waves.

Pulling away, I keep my hands on her hips and hers on my shoulders as I look her over. Not in a checking her out way, I look her over to notice the changes in her, to remember her how she is and how she was. Her blonde hair is still long and flows down to her back. She’s wearing a red tank top under a jean jacket and dark jean shorts, showing her somewhat pale legs. I sigh and meet her eyes again.