My Riley

~~~~Riley’s Point Of View~~~~

(TRIGGER WARNING)

                After my fight with Alex last night, I slept with Jack in his bed. He hummed to me and stroked my hair, cuddling me off to sleep. This morning, he brought me breakfast in bed. He gave me pancakes, sausages, toast, bacon, and orange juice. We talked over breakfast and soon Zack came out of the shower to join us. I gave the most of my breakfast to them. I was feeling too sick to eat, too upset.

                Alex hadn’t come over and he hasn’t texted me or the guys yet. Part of me wishes he would, another part of me wants him to just go away. I thought he was different than Ash, than everyone I’ve ever thought to care about. Is he cares about me then he shouldn’t of screwed Lisa behind my back. I know he broke it off, or at least that’s what he says. How can I trust him? How can I ever trust him now?

                The guys feel the same way, but not quite to my extent. After all, they aren’t the ones who got played by Alex and his sick little game. Despite the fact of everything that happened last night, they were requested to go the studio today and finish writing and start practicing. The obviously can’t practice here. The guys came over along with Cass to promise to see me later. Cass was going with them. I had been invited, but after last nights’ dispute, I couldn’t bring myself to see him. I just couldn’t because I know I’d break down again. I hate doing that in front of so many people.

                Once they all left, I grabbed my phone and key and left Jack’s room and went to my own. I unlocked the door and slowly opened it to make sure Alex hadn’t been running late. Fortunately, he was gone. I closed the door behind me and went over to my bed and I hid my face in my pillow before hearing my phone ring the familiar tune by Blink; All The Small Things. Caller ID didn’t help me, the number was restricted. Oh, fun. Maybe it’s Lisa. Wouldn’t surprise me.

                I cleared my throat a few times before finally answering, ignoring my stomach as it told me to ignore this phone call. “Hello?”

                “Riley Bonnex.” Said a male voice. A familiar, deep one at that.

                “W-who is this?” I stutter and stand back up. My legs wobble in protest but I ignore them. I pace the room.

                He chuckles. Shivers crawl down my spine. “Silly, girl.” He laughs. “You know me.”

                “Who is this?” I demand, trying to sound brave but I feel my voice cracking as it comes out.

                “I love you,” The deep voice says. His sentence isn’t over so I wait what seems like hours. I’m shaking badly. “But you don’t love me. There’s a price to pay, my dear Riley.”

                “Ashton?” I mutter, my voice is hardly a whisper. He laughs in response. I regret not listening to my stomach. My knees grown weak and I grab the wall to steady myself as he laughs almost menacingly. “What do you want?” I beg and my voice is just as weak as my knees.

                “You,” He says and I hear a smirk dance on his lips. “If I can’t have you, no one should. I should have taken you that night at the party.” I instantly know what he means when he says taken.  I say nothing. I’m afraid. I hear him laugh at my uneven breathing. “You see, I love you, Riley Bonnex, and you don’t love me.” He says coldly, almost hurt. “It’s all because of that prick Alex.” He growls.

                “You shut up!” I shout as I finally find the courage to speak. “You don’t love me! You hit me!”

                “Because you provoked me, darling.”