For Baltimore

I wake up in a good mood this morning surprisingly.  I’m actually glad I have my date with Ashton today. Speaking of which, I’d better get out of bed. I check my phone and reply to Ashton, once again ignoring Jack’s invite to come to practice. I head downstairs and greet my mother who us just finishing up breakfast. She made omelets.

                “I was just about to come wake you up, dear.” She says with a smile. She carries over our plates and we have small talk over breakfast. I give her a kiss and excuse myself for a shower.

                When I’m done, I curl my hair loosely again and braid one strand back out of my face. I throw on my Blink-182 shirt and some skinny’s and my blue vans. Once I’m finished with my make up and such, I walk downstairs and sit in the living room watching the music channel with my mom. Pierce The Veil is an upcoming band, who I personally adore. Vic is such a cutie.

                They’re just talking about how they’re excited for their album and to begin touring next month. Before the interview is over, the boys thank everyone; the fans and whoever signed them.

                “Has Alex gotten signed yet?” My mother breaks my focus from the television.

                “No,” I mutter, feeling sick at the mention of his name. “I think they’re still waiting on a reply from Hopeless Records.”

                “That’s good.” She smiles. She doesn’t know anything about what’s been happening with him. She’s hardly ever around really. She works so much, what with my dad gone. He recently got deported to somewhere in Iraq.

                The doorbell rings before she can continue her conversation about Alex. “That’s Ash. I’ll see you later, mom!” I kiss her on the cheek and meet him at the door. He greets me with a smile and his eyes look behind me.

                “Hello,” My mom says happily. I groan. This is bad.

                “Hi!” Ash says and I move so they can shake hands.

                She keeps us there for about fifteen minutes. Fifteen agonizing minutes. She finally sets us free and we head out to his car. He seems very happy today. I think what happened was all a misunderstanding. Misunderstandings happen, right? It’s all going to work out. And for the first time in a while, I don’t force a smile, it just comes.

                Ash takes me out to eat at a buffet. It was delicious and my stomach feels like it could pop at any moment. During lunch, we laughed and chatted. Everything was actually going good. Maybe dating him was a good thing. Things might be changing now.

                As the day goes on, we just start to drive around aimlessly just enjoying each other’s company. He’s really got me thinking that things are gonna change now. He buys me a bouquet of roses and somehow he sneaked a bottle of wine. I’ve never gotten drunk, and I don’t plan on it, but a drink couldn’t hurt. By now, my mother is at work. He takes us back to my house and as I put the flowers in water, he opens the drink. He already has down one glass when I return.

                We make stupid toasts about little things, just enjoying the moment. After I have one drink, I decide that’s good enough for me. The wine had a berry taste to it. I wash out my wine glass and Ashton carries his over. I had ordered him to stop because it was obvious he was drunk and really not well enough to drive.

                He puts his glass in the sink and wraps his arms around me. I shut off the water and turn to face him, my lower back against the counter. “You’re so beautiful,” He slurs and runs his hands all over my back, and up to my hair. I feel my face turn red.