Adam And Eve

~~~~Riley’s Point Of View~~~~

               As I watch him sing on stage, his shaky form goes away and he comes out of his shell. I’ve never seen him so passionate, not even at practice or in the studio. This is what he loves. His dream is right here in front of him and he caught it. I can’t even begin to say how proud I am of this boy, or the rest of them. They’re so talented and I knew they would make it. I just knew, you know? One of those things I suppose.

               As he plays guitar, he jerks his legs and almost skips with them and it brings a smile to my face. He’s so happy. “They’re pretty good, right?” I hear a familiar voice say from behind me.

               “I know. I always told them they were, they never trusted me though.” I answer him. “You guys did great too, Vic.” He smiles and stands beside me, watching them with me.

               “This isn’t about my band right now.” He corrects. Vic is a good guy, I admit. He’s pretty selfless and he isn’t egotistical and I’m glad he’s not. We haven’t really spoken since he kissed me that day. I haven’t told anyone and hopefully he hasn’t either. I mean, I didn’t kiss him back, but I didn’t push him away. I’ve been feeling bad about it and that’s why I was so distant with Alex. I hate that it would hurt him. Ever since, the air has been tense for me wherever I go and no matter who I am around.

               Vic has tried talking to me about it, but I’ve denied him. I figured being distant with Alex won’t fix a thing, so I decided to be normal. I mean, I won’t tell what Vic did. Especially not with this tour. What happened with Vic will never happen again. Still, standing next to Vic, my hands get sweaty and my heart pounds loudly. But now, that’s probably just because of what happened the last time we actually spoke.

               Suddenly, his hand is on my shoulder in a friendly way, turning me to face him. I want to watch Alex. I don’t want to talk. “What is it, Vic?” I say, finally meeting his dark brown eyes. They nearly swallow me whole. His face isn’t sweaty anymore.

               “What happened to us?” He asks as a small frown plants itself onto his face.

               I sigh. “Vic, there isn’t an us, and there never was an us,” I say softly, noticing the hurt filling his face. I run my fingers through my hair awkwardly.

               “At least talk to me, just be my friend, Riley.” He urges and steps closer, placing his hands on my shoulders. “I’m sorry, okay? I didn’t know what to do and I respect you don’t want me, and now that I know, I won’t try anymore, Riley.”

               I sigh. “Yes, Vic. Just don’t do it again, please. It really put me in a bad spot.”

               “I just, I thought,” He trails off. “You never pushed me away or said no. I had no clue, I-”

               “I have Alex. That was your clue.” I say Hurt crosses his face quickly but I don’t take back what I said. As much as it pains me, I look away from him, removing his arm and looking to Alex. I hear him sigh as he walks away.

               About ten minutes later, I’m tapped on the shoulder. I groan. “Vic, I-Oh, hi, Tony,” I smile and turn back to watch Alex.

               “What are you up to?” He asks as he stands beside me, arms crossed. My face heats up. Did he hear that conversation?

               “Nothing really, just I’m proud of the guys, you know? They finally did it, and here they are.” I laugh as Jack makes a sex joke and Alex shoots him a joking glare.