Chapter Six : Newton's Third Law Of Motion

It was a bright Monday morning

It was a bright Monday morning. Many people hated Mondays but Adhya loved Mondays. Mondays meant work and work was love which made it obvious that Adhya loved working. The twisted part was that she didn't love her job which was being a well known supermodel who clad in shimmery dress, faked a smile as cameras captured her, but she loved her shop, Radioactive. She created construction models for the better understanding of civil engineers.

Adhya had always been the creative one; modelling was never her cup of tea but on her father's compulsion, she had to get into the fake world of so-called fashion. She hated it. If modelling was her occupation, Radioactive was her dream and passion. When she thought of the name Radioactive, she wasn't thinking of a material which emitted radiation energy in the form of alpha, beta, or gamma particles, she hated Chemistry, but she was thinking about Radioactive song by Imagine Dragons; I'm radioactive, radioactive.

For outsiders, Adhya's life seemed perfect; beautiful face, flawless body, successful career, loving family and a good-looking fiance. But, it wasn't like that. Though she had a beautiful face, the X factor of her face - her smile - was fake. Though she had a flawless body, the heart inside it was scarred. She had a successful career which always managed to make her restless and unhappy. Her so-called loving family consisted of a mother who cared about the society more than her blood and a father who cared about Aditya more than her. Aditya, that good-looking fiance didn't understand her. He didn't see her insecurities behind her possessiveness. He didn't see the sadness behind her smile. Neither did he see the demon which haunted her nor became the angel which guarded her. Fake friends were a cherry on the top. She was so done with life.

Suddenly, she started feeling suffocated inside her shop with all the saddening thoughts filling her mind and she really wanted to breakfree. She walked out to get some fresh air. She breathed in as she stepped out and that was pretty much refreshing. It was evening and there were a few more minutes left for sunset. Summer had always been her favourite season; especially the summer showers. After bearing the unbeatable heat, we got the fruits of these summer showers which not only bought a soothing atmosphere but also the all time favourite mangoes with it. Who doesn't love mangoes?

It looked like it was going to rain and due the heavy breeze, trees swayed as the dead leaves flew in the air. Vehicles hurried down the lane, honking so as to get home before it showers. Amidst all this chaos, Adhya tried to ignore the chaos inside her. She was breaking apart and the sound of it was echoing in her ears. She looked down, shaking her head. As two fat droplets of salty water dropped from her eyes, her head dashed into a hard chest. Due to the force of the crash, she felt an equivalent backward force, according Newton's third law of motion, and moved back, loosing her balance. She took in a sharp breathe but didn't look up as the saline droplets dried on her cheeks, leaving stains on them.