Chapter Twenty-Eight : Unforeseen Testimonies And Inhuman Culprits

A day has passed and Watson still hadn't opened his mouth

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

A day has passed and Watson still hadn't opened his mouth. All he utters is that he's innocent but it was obvious that he was anything but innocent. It was around nine at night and it was raining cats and dogs.

This day could be considered as a black day for the Nanda family as today Amira and Keshav got divorced, Keshav committed suicide and Abhinay's parents' accident news came out. Moreover, this day, Samira went into coma.

It was all like a sad film which was planned consequently and this played mind games with Abhinay. He was confused as to who was Watson's boss and Trivikram's panicky behaviour of yesterday's just added to his suspicions.

Watson was a loyal employee of Woodpecker since years. So, there's a chance that the real culprit is from someone close to him as Watson being Woodpecker's employee, will never dare to address any other person as his head. He doesn't call Karthikeya boss as his brother doesn't at all appreciate it, leaving him with only one option; his grandfather, Trivikram.

Now as he joined the dots, he banged his hand on the table as a relief passed through him. He quickly dialled Anirudh's number to ask him to send a legal notice to Trivikram.

-----

"Is the prosecution ready?" The judge questioned to which Anirudh and Kavya stood up, answering affirmatively. "Is the defense ready?" The judge questioned to which Koushik and his fellow lawyer stood up, answering affirmatively.

"Your Honour, the new suspect in this case is Mr. Trivikram Nanda and I'd like you to allow me to question the suspect in the witness box." Anirudh spoke, rising up to which the judge nodded affirmatively. "Go ahead, prosecuting attorney." The judge gave his consent and just when Anirudh was about to speak, Koushik beat him to it.

"Objection, your Honour." Koushik spoke as the judge nodded. "Objection sustained." The judge announced as Koushik rose to his feet. "On what basis will the plaintiff's attorney consider my client as a suspect? I'd like to demand for a testimony." Koushik spoke, smirking at Anirudh and Kavya as Trivikram glared at Abhinay.

"Prosecuting attorney, please produce the evidences." The judge spoke but Anirudh and Kavya sat silently as Abhinay ran a hand in his hairs. In the excitement of finding a new clue, he had totally forgotten about the proofs. All of this was just a wild guess.

"Pro-" Koushik was about to speak when he was cut off by a feminine voice. "I'm the proof, your Honour." They all turned back to see a girl sitting in a wheelchair enter with Ishaan behind her.

"Samira?" Karthikeya whispered with a shocked face as Trivikram looked at his grandaughter with widened eyes, not believing the reality sitting infront of him. "Please enter into the witness box." The judge said to which she nodded her head and looked at Ishaan who helped her get in.

"Your Honour, I'm Samira Nanda, daughter of Keshav Nanda and granddaughter of Trivikram Nanda, the real culprit." Her voice boomed in the court as everyone kept mum, too astonished to voice out their thoughts.