Chapter Twenty : Feelings Reciprocated, Marriages Denied And Proposals Rejected

It was around eight when Nisha and Aditya completed their works and they were currently, travelling back home

It was around eight when Nisha and Aditya completed their works and they were currently, travelling back home. "Nisha, can I ask you something?" Aditya said, breaking the silence to which Nisha nodded, looking outside the window. He sighed, knowing that she was still upset. "Why do you like Adhya? I mean, what do you like in her?" He questioned, taking deep breaths to which she looked at him, shaking her head.

This guy is impossible. Nisha thought, disappointedly. When Aditya questioned that he was going to ask her something, she felt like he'd ask something about her; she was happy that he was making efforts for her but no, he had to ruin it by bringing Adhya back into the picture. "I don't know, I just liked her." She answered, looking away at the blurry trees and buildings.

"Liked?  What about now?" He questioned to which she shrugged, looking infront. "I don't like her, anymore." She said to which his eyes widened as he nodded with a small smile on his face. "Oh, right, now will you stop talking about her?" She added, quite annoyed to which he chuckled before nodding and taking a sharp left. "We're here." He announced to which Nisha nodded. 

He parked the car as Nisha immediately got down, walking inside. He too followed her before locking the car. "Aunty must've slept. I'll reheat the food, you go fresh up and come." Nisha said to which he nodded, walking towards his room. Aditya and Nisha completed their dinner in an uneventful silence as Aditya started checking his emails in his room and Nisha was busy doing the dishes.

"Good news, the board members have liked our sketches." Aditya said, smiling slightly to which Nisha smiled back. "That's good." She replied before sitting on the bed, checking her phone. "Nisha, can we talk? I've something to tell you." Aditya said, after taking deep breaths. "Yeah sure, tell me?" Nisha said, putting her mobile away to which Aditya walked towards her and sat on the floor infront of her, taking her hands in his which now rested on her lap.

"Nisha, uh I know it might sound quite bizarre but I-I think I like you." Aditya spoke quickly as his closed on their own accord due to nervousness. "What?" Nisha mumbled, looking at him bewildered. "I like you, Nisha. I feel really protective around you. I don't know if you could call these feelings as attraction or teenage crush or like or love, but all I know is whatever these feelings are, they're pure and honest." Aditya confessed, looking straight into her eyes.

"But Aditya, you know I'm a homose-" Nisha was cut off in the middle as he cupped her face, letting go off of her hands. "Nisha, I don't care about your gender. I know that you'll never reciprocate my feelings and that we'll never have a normal relationship like a man and woman, but I just wanted to confess." He said, looking at her intently.

"There's no pressure on you. After an year, we might just as well part ways and you might find yourself a partner, but always remember that you'll be a special part of my life which I can never forget. I don't think love has anything to do with gender, anyways." Aditya added as he smiled, releasing her. "Now, let's get to sleep, yeah." He said, getting up to which Nisha got up, too.