Chapter Seventeen : Forbidden Names And Intense Love Making

"What are you saying?" Adhya questioned, looking at the duo in front of her with black eyes laced in confusion

"What are you saying?" Adhya questioned, looking at the duo in front of her with black eyes laced in confusion. "Adhya, when did you come back?" Aditya questioned, walking towards her. "Today morn-" Adhya's words were stuck in her throat as she eyed Nisha's wedding chain in bewilderment. "Nisha, yo-you got married? When?" Adhya whispered as she took baby steps towards them, involuntarily.

"Aditya Reddy, owner of Camaraderie and his personal assistant, Nisha Varma got hitched on Sunday morning and the wedding was a simple register marriage. There have been no confirmations about the post-wedding functions or reception, for the time being. Meanwhile, Adhya Reddy, topmost model, who has been engaged to Aditya before a few months is reportedly out of station." A female voice was heard as all of them snapped their heads towards the television. Pictures of Aditya and Nisha's engagement and wedding were all over the news.

"The interesting part is that, it's not the first time that Adhya Reddy was faced with such rejections. An year back, she was left at wedding aisle waiting for her groom, Ashwin Kumar who had fled on the same day as he was in love with another girl. Just after a few months, Aditya who's Adhya's second fiancé, broke his engagement with her and married his love interest. Don't know how many more rejections this successful model has to face." Adhya watched the new reporter's lips move as the words she uttered broke her heart.

She was immediately met with the black screen of the television as Nisha switched it off. "Adhya, I can explain." Aditya said as he held Adhya's palms in his. "What will you explain, Aditya?" She questioned, looking into space as she felt nothing but numb from inside. Don't know how many more rejections the successful model has to face. The same words echoed in her ears repeatedly and that's when she remembered; Karthikeya.

-----

Adhya parked her car outside his two-storeyed house as she walked inside hurriedly after locking her car. "Karthikeya!" She shouted as she looked around. When she found no sign of him, she entered the first room that came into her sight. As soon as she entered, she froze as her hand which rested on the door knob fell to her side. She slowly walked towards the bed. She watched as the girl lying on the bed breathe slowly as she numbly lied on the bed, without much movement.

Adhya looked at her, shocked when she felt a cold palm engulf her wrist. She looked up to see Karthikeya - who had a rigid expression on his perfectly sculpted face - drag her outside the room and close the door behind him. "What the hell do you think you're doing, ah?" He whispered-yelled at her as his grip on her wrist tightened to which she slowly winced, wiggling her hand. "I-I just came to talk to you about these." She said, forwarding the fake photos of him and her.

"Then, why did you enter inside that room?" He said, pushing her backwards. "I thought you were in that room, I was just searching for you." She said as she sucked in the tears the threatened to fall down. "What the hell do you want to talk about these embarrassing pictures?" He questioned after sighing. "Ka-Karthik, why ar-" Her words were cut off in the middle as he grabbed her hair, pulling her closer to him.