Bonus Chapter #2 : Shaan-Ritika

Ritika looked at the main door longingly, as she checked the watch placed on the wall opposite to where she was seated

Ritika looked at the main door longingly, as she checked the watch placed on the wall opposite to where she was seated. It was around twelve in midnight and Shaan wasn't home, yet. She intertwined her fingers and bent forward, resting her head on her hands as she closed her eyes tightly, stopping her tears from flowing down.

It was their fifth marriage anniversary and since Shaan had been really busy lately with his office work, unable to give much time to his family, he suggested that they'd be going out on their wedding anniversary but it was already past twelve and there were no traces of Shaan.

Ritika checked her mobile to see any calls from him but there weren't any. She had called him for five times already and also sent a few texts, but there was no reply from the other side. Ritika sighed, shaking her head as she hugged herself and just then, the bell rang, indicating that Shaan was home.

Finally! She though to herself as she immediately walked towards the door, opening it. "Hey." Shaan gave her a tired smile as the dark circles beneath his eyes became more prominent. "Get in, Shaan." She spoke in a blank tone, moving aside as he entered.

She quickly closed the door and tired her hair in a bun. "You go take a bath, I'll reheat the food for you." She said and was about to walk towards the kitchen when Shaan held her hand. "Ritika, I know, I'm late, I'm sor-" He was cut off in the middle as she raised her hand, showing him her palm.

"Late? You mean, super late, damn late? Yeah, I know." She snorted, freeing her wrist as she walked towards the dining table and picked up a vessel. "Ritika, please, man. I'm sorry, okay? I know that we planned this from months and I disappointed you again, but seriously, I'm just sorry." Shaan said, following her to which she paid no heed to him.

"What should I do with your sorry, Shaan? Do you have any idea how bad Dhruv and Ansh felt when I told them that we've cancelled the plan? Jeez, is work really that important, Shaan?" She said, placing the vessel on the kitchen slab as she folded her arms to her chest.

"Ritika, see things from my perspective also. I had to attend this really important meeting." Shaan said to which she rolled her eyes. "You could've told me earlier, Shaan. We could've change the plan or made some adjustments." She pointed out at the logics to which he sighed, shaking his head.

"It was a spontaneous one, Ritika." He defended himself to which Ritika snorted, yet again. "Why didn't you tell me, then? I wouldn't have gotten my hopes high, at least." Ritika said, pushing herself away from him when he stepped towards her.

"Ritika, I thought the meeting would end soon, but it didn't go as planned. I'm just sorry." He said, placing his hands on either sides of the kitchen slab, trapping her as she glared at him. "Well, apologies not accepted." She said, challenging him.

"If you won't, then I won't have my food." He said, pulling away from her as he folded his hands to his chest. "Don't. Starve yourself, for all I care." She said, turning around to which he glared at her back. "Fine." He said, walking away as she heard the sound of his fading footsteps.