Chapter Twenty-Two : Angry Kisses And Distant Demeanors

"Officer, how can you claim that I'm the one who plotted to kill them? For God's sake, it's my dad whom we are talking about

"Officer, how can you claim that I'm the one who plotted to kill them? For God's sake, it's my dad whom we are talking about." Aditya spoke, frustrated at the turn of events. His jaw hurt as he opened his mouth due to which he suffered from a severe headache but right now, it all just didn't matter.

"It's you, obviously it's you. You think I don't know how much you hate my mom? You think I don't know that you've blamed my mom when it's your dad who proposed the idea of their marriage? You think I don't know how high you think of that mother of yours?" Karthikeya spoke, uttering the word mother with so much hatred that it shook Aditya to the core.

"You dare speak a word against her, I'll kill you!" Aditya shouted in a cold tone as Karthikeya balled his fists at the hypocrisy of his half-brother. "Oh right. You get to plot against my mother, more worse, kill her but I can't speak a word about yours. Such a hypocritical person." Karthikeya mumbled the last sentence but it was loud enough for everyone present in the investigation room.

"Okay, that's enough!" Abhinay's commanding voice came and his juniors shivered in anticipation of what was going to come while Karthikeya and Aditya weren't much affected as they continued shooting daggers at each other.

"Sir, Mr. Reddy's mother and wife are here. They're asking if they can meet him." A constable reported to Abhinay as he sighed, shaking his head. "Aditya, go tell your family to go home and not make a scene here. I don't want this to become a public affair, understand? You've five minutes." Abhinay spoke in monotone, signing the constable to escort Aditya to his family.

Just when Karthikeya was about to protest, Abhinay stopped him, giving him a warning look. "Step back, Karthikeya. Now." Abhinay warned cautiously to which Karthikeya slumped down, holding his head in his hands as Aditya walked out.

As soon as his mother came into his sight, she quickly hugged him, weeping against his chest as Nisha looked at him, worried. "Mom, I'm okay, stop crying, alright?" Aditya said, parting from her. "Adi, what's all this? I know you won't kill your own father." Anjali said, wiping her tears as Nisha rubbed her back, comfortingly.

"Mom, there's some misconception here. I'll sort it out and come back home to you as soon as possible, okay?" Aditya said as Anjali nodded, timidly. "Nisha, take mom home and could you call up and ask Anirudh to come here?" He addressed to Nisha as she nodded, affirmatively.

As Anjali retreated, after kissing Aditya's forhead, Nisha also followed her and Aditya watched their retreating backs. Just as Nisha took few steps forward, she quickly turned back and held his hands in hers. "Everything will be okay." She whispered to him as her left hand rubbed his cheek. Aditya was the one who assured everyone that it'll be fine at the end but he too, needed a person to dispel his doubts, to comfort him and that person was Nisha; his Nisha.

He nodded, looking at her intensely to which she smiled. She peeked behind her back before cautiously examining if the coast was clear and then pulled him into a chaste kiss. He kissed her back like his life depended on it before parting. She kissed his knuckles and slowly released his hands. "Bye." She whispered, walking away as he sighed, tiredly.