Chapter Twenty-Seven : Fooled Confessions And Loud Screams

"Look, I'm truly innocent

"Look, I'm truly innocent. So, stop wasting your time." Richard spoke, swatting away the compact disc - which had the recorded video of him and Watson - placed infront of him. "Look, by acting like this, you're only adding to my suspicions. So, cut the act and speak up, yeah?" Kavya spoke, annoyed at the man infront of her.

The judge had asked Kavya to assist Anirudh with this case, much to Anirudh's dismay as he didn't even want to look at her which kind of hurt her but then, she knew she deserved it. "I'm truly innocent, ma'am." Richard mumbled in a blank tone and Kavya immediately slammed the file on the desk, walking out.

"Ash, that guy! I'm so going to freaking murder him." Kavya cursed at him inwardly as Anirudh smirked, twirling around in his revolving chair. "What happened?" Nisha looked at her to which she sighed, tiredly, taking a seat beside her.

"That jerk doesn't want to speak up and he's making me so mad that I'm this close to loosing my crap." She pushed her and thumb and forefinger close. "I told you, Nisha, let's not involve dimwits in this case. You won't understand, jeez." Anirudh spoke to which Kavya narrowed her eyes at him.

"You saw this coming, didn't you?" Kavya sensed that he was up to something to which his smirk widened, his eyes giving away the answers. "Jeez, you bas-" Kavya was about to shout when Nisha cut her off.

"For the love of God, Kavya please calm down and you Anirudh, tell me what's going on in your mind?" Nisha spoke, pointing her index finger at him. "Nisha, Richard's into this crap since long and he knows what being trustworthy is. He's not going to open up, no matter how much you beat him up and hurt him physically." He spoke, tapping his pen on the table.

"What do you think we shall do now?" Nisha questioned to which he gave her a thoughtful look. "We shouldn't just give him physical pain. We should give him a mental blow so he opens up. We need to play mind games with him and trap him." Anirudh spoke, smirking evilly as Nisha nodded, looking confused as ever.

"Hey, Abhinay, are you even there?" Kavya poked a finger in his arm to which he winced, nodding his head. "What were you thinking, ah?" Kavya questioned, narrowing her eyes at him. "Nothing, girl. You first stop concentrating on me and think about the work at hand." Abhinay diverted the topic but truth to be told, he was in a really addled state.

When he saw the video that Nisha sent him, he was really astonished to know that Watson, who was a trusted employee at Woodpecker, was behind the explosion. He couldn't point at what he felt, but he surely was amazed. He felt like he was close to catching the culprit, yet so far away.

"Abhinay, I need you help. I've a plan." Nisha addressed him to which he nodded, deciding to concentrate on the work at hand.

-----

"I'm trul-" Richard was about to repeat his mantra again, when Kavya cut him off. "I know, I know, that you're innocent. But I think you'll change your words after seeing this." Kavya said, turning her laptop around as Richard watched keenly.