Chapter Nineteen : Innovative Presentations And Unanticipated Confessions

It's been a week since Aditya and Nisha's marriage

It's been a week since Aditya and Nisha's marriage. They both got back to work as the most awaited Vertex Fashion Week was fast approaching; it was a place where all the clothing stores put up their different attires and businessmen from all over the world attended it. It was also the perfect platform for new comers to showcase their talent.

"Oh God, where are the black coloured sweatshirts? Hadn't we planned a colour sequence and it'll be black first, right?" Aditya yelled at a junior who flinched, shaking terribly. "Sir, Ritika ma'am has them. She said she's giving them some last touches." He said as Aditya dismissed him, sipping his warm filter coffee.

Nisha watched as Aditya ran a hand in his hair in vexation, making some notes. Today, the board members of Vertex - the company that usually conducts all the fashion shows and surveys - were coming to check out what Camaraderie has in store for the event. Aditya couldn't help but feel the slight panic inside as he was nervous about the impression they'd be creating. He furiously wrote on the notepad as Nisha walked inside, without knocking.

"Aditya, give it a rest." Nisha spoke as Aditya looked at her blankly, thought from inside he felt jittery; it's been a week since Nisha had spoke to him properly. She was avoiding him and he knew he deserved it, after all he had been nothing but a pathetic excuse of a husband to her.

First, he had not even apologised to her properly for acting like a cocky, arrogant man and second, he hadn't even taken her out or whatsoever - the basic things which married couples do, according to him. "Go check if Ritika is done with her final touches." He said, going back to his notepad as Nisha sighed, shaking her head.

Just when he was about to take a sip from his coffee, again, Nisha walked towards him and snatched the mug. "Too much caffeine isn't good for health, Aditya." Nisha spoke, well-knowing that it was his fifth cup. "Nish-" He was cut off as Nisha engulfed his right hand - which rested on the mahogany table - in hers.

"I know that you're tensed about the meeting. Don't be, Aditya. Everything will go good." Nisha said, giving his hand a slight press as Aditya exhaled as he knew that she was just trying to comfort him. "How do you know?" He questioned as Nisha released his hand and cupped his face. "I trust you, Aditya." She whispered, looking straight into his hazel eyes.

He was awestruck for a moment when she said that; she trusted him. He didn't know why, but those three words sounded so delightful to his ears. His lips twitched slightly as he smiled, slowly. "Uh, am I disturbing something?" They heard Ritika's teasing voice as Nisha immediately distanced herself from him and he cleared his throat, getting back to his notepad.

"Well, Miss. Prakash, are you done with the last touches?" He said in an utterly professional tone as Nisha looked at him surprised as to how he could change his tone from a soft one to a cold one, in seconds. "Yeah, I'm done. Here, check them out." Ritika said, forwarding her sketches and as Aditya got busy with them, she wiggled her eyebrows at Nisha, bumping her hip with hers, teasingly.