ten ; malfoy meeting

"Ever heard of knocking?"

"Ever heard to not lean on a door?" Malfoy snaps back.

"That's not even a thing!"

He almost chuckles, "I came to ask you and your friends to join us in the common room."

"Why?" I ask, lifting an eyebrow.

"Just come down, does it really matter?" He leaves before I can respond.

I turn to my friends and motion my head to the common room. They get the hint and stand up.

I look out before leading my friends to see that the entire common room is packed with Slytherins, however only consisting of 5th to 7th years.

I didn't realize until this moment how many of us there were. Some people even had to sit on others.

I walk down the stairs to hear questions, laughs, and gossip. I already had the idea of leaving.

The room naturally falls into a silence as Draco and his gits stand beside him.
As much as I despised that man, he was an evident leader. He could quiet a room faster than you could say Quidditch.

"All of you may be asking what the hell is going on." Blaise Zabini says with a voice loud enough for the entire room to hear.

Then he continues, "As you all are aware of, the Masquerade Ball was 8 days ago. My boy Malfoy here is searching for his last dance partner." Zabini then gestures for Malfoy to speak.

"Seeing as I was never given a name, I had to go to extreme measures and gather every Slytherin who attended the dance."

His words shocked me quite heavily. Draco Malfoy, the man who could have as many women as he wanted, and he comes searching for a lady.

"If any of you know of, or is the girl who was wearing a blue dress with a black mask, please inform me."

My heart skips a beat. Although that had been my attire, there had to be other girls in the room with the same description.

And of course, how could I dance with Draco? I would've smelled the stench of heavy cologne and bolted.

"Wait! Alanna, didn't you wear a-"

"Celeste, shut up!" I tried to interrupt her before her realization could be heard, however, I was too slow.

Looking up from my friend, I met with a room full of inquisitive eyes.

I thought, maybe if I sat perfectly still, they would think nothing of it.

"She's right! I saw you wearing a blue dress!" An unfamiliar voice breaks the silence.

I scoffed, "who the hell even said that?"

I turn to Draco with my head shaking, "There's multiple girls here who had a dress like mine. This doesn't mean anything."

He stared at me for a second, before clearing his throat. "That's true. You couldn't possibly be..." his voice trailed off.

"Well do you remember anything else about her, mate?" Zabini piped up.

Draco glanced down at his shoes, as if the answers were etched into the leather.

It felt like an eternity of silence before he lifted his head up. "Her shoes were white. Angelic, I think. There were wings on them."

I know that no living person can actually understand the feeling of death, other than perhaps Harry, but in that moment it felt like I made a revolutionary, yet horrible, discovery of what it felt like to die.

"I knew it!" Celeste beams with excitement, unknowing to how unfortunate I felt.

Malfoy's jaw dropped, and his eyes held a hint of disappointment, but more shock.

I couldn't take the attention, "Well. I'm hungry isn't anyone else?" And before I know it, I'm dragging my friends out of that common room.

The door shuts behind Celeste and I start sprinting for the stairs. At the speed I was reaching, I nearly collide with a group of first years crowding the step.

"Ally, slow down!" Celeste pants heavily.

"It can't be true, right? I want to believe that it isn't, because the guy I danced with was nothing like Draco Malfoy." I let out in panic.

I turn around to see that the path is cleared and walk down to the Great Hall.

***

Draco

She ran out of here so fast.

"Hey, it's alright. We're all surprised." Zabini consoles me before attempting to convince me into talking with her again. I disagreed with him, seeing as she clearly doesn't want to be involved with me.

"To be honest Malfoy, I think you should speak to her. She might've just had it come all too fast." Crabbe had never said anything even slightly compassionate. This surprised and disgusted me slightly.

"Fine." I hesitate, "I'll do it."