thirty ; war zone

The dark halls were rowed with tall shelves of crystal balls that shone lightly as we passed with our wands lit up. The only hint of noise was our heavy breathing and our shoes creeping on the marble floor. That was until we passed a set of crystal balls, I heard a raspy voice. No one seemed to notice as they kept caution their main priority and peered the halls, continuing to walk slowly.

You're oblivious, my dear. The voice said. I stopped and turned my head in all directions, when my eyes met with one glowing crystal ball that somehow to me; felt special.

The answers are in front of you, but you lack curiosity. What's that supposed to mean? It was as if it read my mind as the voice added, You have so many questions to be answered, yet you block yourself from finding the truth. I can help you there. The mixed galaxy colours swirled, making it impossible to walk away. Everyone else was a good distance away as I picked it up and held it in my hands. Be careful with who you trust, the closest are the most dangerous. Especially with one of whom was the murderer of a family member. You're needed by a powerful man.You're more special than you believe you are. Blocking out most of the things after, I knew exactly who it was talking about. My mum.

"Who killed her?" I whispered.

Y-

As it was about to answer me, someone clasped their hand around my mouth and I tried calling out to my friends as I thrashed around, causing the ball to slip from my hands and crash to the ground.

"Stop moving!"

In fright, I froze and obeyed. The voice was very familiar but I didn't have time to figure out who. So I slipped from his or her's grasp and yelled "STUPEFY!" Sending them flying straight backwards. Unknowing of my distance away from the others, I ran towards the man planning to gain information, but as I made my way near I found myself apologizing. "Remus! Oh Merlin." I mumbled the last part as I helped him up. "I'm so sorry I thought you were a-"

"Death Eater?" He finishes.

"Wait-what? Are you saying that they're here? Now?"

"Probably listening to our conversation right now. We need to find your friends and get them out." Remus rushes and beckons us forwards.

"We just came to get Sirius!" I informed, running along.

"That's the problem. Sirius is with us. We've figured he tricked Harry into thinking that he saw a real scene."

"But how did you know?"

He gave me a small smirk and I lifted my eyebrows. "The Order never reveals its secrets."

I groan and continue jogging. Suddenly I heard a faint yell and I stopped Remus. He apparently heard it too and we froze in our spot. Then, there was a crash. Followed by more as the sound increased. Gulping, I turn around and see the shelves falling on each other and creating an earthquake type of shake that can send us flying. Before I could scream Remus suddenly grabs me and the next thing I see is just pure white. He flew above the scene that was unfolding and as we were panting, I saw figures running off. "Remus!" I yell gaining his attention. I point them out and he nods. But before we had a chance to follow, we saw figures in masks as they turned into nothing but black smoke, like Remus.

"Death Eaters. We can't be seen yet but we must get in there."

"But isn't it only the two of us?"

"No. The members of the Order are here as we speak. You must go back to Hogwarts."

My mouth gaped open. "No I just got here I want to help!"

"We will be apparating the others with you shortly. Stay in the Hospital Wing."

"Hospital Wing? I'm not hurt..." I trailed off as I suddenly felt a great pain in my leg. A shard of glass stuck in the side of my thigh and I just now feel it. I take it out slowly and the cut was deep. Biting my lip to keep from screaming I look up at Remus and nod.

With a blink of an eye I was at Hogwarts, like he said. I was currently on my knees in front of the doors of the Hospital Wing and I managed to stand, opening both doors. Madame Pomfrey saw me almost immediately and helped me sit down on one of the beds. "Blimey my dear! The Order told me there would be patients, but not this early." She babbled as she lifted my leggings up revealing more of the cut. Her eyes widened and she ran off a potion I'm guessing.

With the adrenaline, I haven't been paying much attention to my surroundings; so I didn't realize I wasn't the only one in here. The Inquisitorial Squad puked slightly less in their own buckets and their faces were still a pale green. I let out a loud snicker and they shot their heads up. "What?"

"Why do you hang out with those Gryffindors?" Blaise asked before puking once again.

"I don't know. They're fun to be around." I shrug. Madame Pomfrey returned with a small vial in her hands, and without warning she poured it on my leg and I yelped, letting a few tears slip.

After a few more seconds, she stood back up and gave me a worried look. "Hopefully you won't be in need of my aid as much next year."

"I hope so too." I breathed. Looking up I see that only one person has yet to puke. "Did it wear off?" I ask him.

"Yeah. I think." Draco replies as he pushes the bucket to the side and running over to me. "That was stupid of you to come with them."

"You're so caring." I roll my eyes at him.

He just takes both of my hands and continues. "I was worried."

I gave him a small smile and looked at him through my eyelashes. He leans in for a kiss and I do too making both our lips meet.

"What the hell is going on here?!"

We abruptly pull away and I see that Madame Pomfrey has more patients to attend to.