fifteen ; new team, new age

Alana

I walk upstairs to our dorm after I return from the hospital wing. We start instantly talking as we walk, we're right at the door when I'm stopped as Flint grabs my arm. My friends look at me confused, "Go ahead, I'll be there in a minute." I say not questioning about my interruption. They shrug and I shut the door after them.

"The guys and I need a favour," he says motioning his head to their opened dorm.

I glance and find Zabini and Malfoy watching. "What is it?" I ask wanting to end this quickly.

"Graham left and we need a chaser for the Quidditch team." He says raising his eyebrows as if hoping he didn't need to make it into a proper question for me to answer.

"Sorry but I don't pla-"

"Don't lie Blanchard, we know you do."

I sigh against the wall I was leaning on, "What's in it for me? Aren't you guys worried to ruin your 'reputation' by playing with a girl?"

"Right now all we care about is the Quidditch cup. Are you in or not?"

"Like I said before; what's in it for me?"

"A broom, attention, victory, and bragging rights when we steal all those years Gryffindor has taken the cup streak from us."

I roll my eyes but manage a smile, "I'll do it. But I won't promise you that we'll win."

Before I leave, he leans in and gives me a big hug. I could hear a deep inhale from Draco, and he was openly glaring at us. "What was that for?" I ask feeling completely confused. Flint never usually showed affection.

He was about to answer but we were interrupted by Marion opening the door, I decided to move away from Flint because I knew she had an enormous crush on him.

Her eyes widened and she smiles, tugging a hair behind her ear. "Um, we need to show you something Alana." But she wasn't looking at me, she was staring deeply into Flint's eyes.

The sad thing was that he didn't bother looking at her, he just looked at the roof, then back at me. "We'll see you at the pitch tomorrow after Hogsmeade at 4pm 'till dinner Blanchard. Don't be late, we're counting on you."

No pressure there.

I take a glance at Draco before Flint closes the door. He looked wounded, but he didn't stop looking at me. I shrugged it off as he began walking away.

Marion shakes her head when she realizes he's gone and looks at me confused, "What did he mean by- ugh never mind. C'mon!" She grabs on my arm and I'm dragged into the dorm.

It was completely different. The walls were still green but other than that, there were different shades of blue balloons and streamers hung from the ceiling. The walls were plastered with posters of my favourite muggle movies. The scent of the room was very familiar. It was my favourite perfume, Vanilla Sugar, from this muggle shop we went into last Christmas break. They used a spell just like in the Great Hall with the floating candles and night sky. But it was replaced by lilies dropping into thin air, vanishing half way from the ceiling. My favourite flower.

I turn from all my amazement to my friends who each hold a wrapped present. But it wasn't just Marion and Celeste, it was all of them.

A few Slytherin girls, my Ravenclaw friends, including Luna. Then what really surprised me was that my Gryffindor friends made it. Yes I do have friends in Gryffindor, shocker yeah I know. Hermione, and Ginny. They must've used the secret Slytherin entry at the back. This place was like a lion's den for these two. Well, the snake's nest I guess. Only one Hufflepuff showed up and it was close friend Hannah Abbott.

After taking a look at all this, they say in sync: Happy Birthday!

"Oh Merlin's beard! I can't believe you girls did all this." I say putting my hand over my mouth.

"This is already starting as the best birthday I've ever had." I run over to everyone and collect them into a group hug. "Thank you guys so much."

And the room erupts in 'awws' and 'you're welcome'. Yes my birthday is today, December 22nd.

They bring my attention after the hug to the presents they're holding, "You guys could've just given it to me on Christmas Day you know?"

Ginny walks around the circle of us and stop at my side, "Yes, but by doing this we won't have to give you anything in three days." She nudges jokingly, I respond by rolling my eyes and manage a smile.

"But seriously you didn't need to give me anything!"

"Do you want the presents or not?" Ginny asks still beside me.

"Oh I didn't say anything about not wanting them." I smirk and everyone laughs.

We're interrupted by a knock on our door, Celeste goes to get it. I ignore it and I walk over to talk to everyone.

"Could you please keep it down, you'll disturb the whole damn castle..." Malfoy trails off by glancing around at the decorations. He looks at me through the group with a questioned face.

"If you couldn't hear from our 'disturbance', it's my birthday today."

"Oh. Well it doesn't really matter, you're all loud and annoying,"

"And you're cocky and arrogant; your point is?" I say smirking.

"Just keep it down." He says before leaving.

"Oh and Malfoy," He decides to turn around. "You finally learned how to knock." I needed to say that, it was funny I must admit.

He rolls his eyes and says one last thing, "I'll see you tomorrow Blanchard. Don't forget about Hogsmeade at noon." Then closing the door behind him.

"Hogsmeade? Is that why he asked to talk to you the other night? What are you two going to be doing there anyways...?" Liz walks up to me putting her present down and raises her eyebrow high at me.

"Nothing, it's not a big deal." I scoff at her, hoping that I believed myself.

"Not a big deal? I heard about the masquerade rumours about you and Malfoy going around. Sure I may be a Gryffindor but I can hear Slytherin gossip." Hermione adds, I expect her to be frowning but instead; she's smiling.

"Exactly." Liz points to Hermione. "Now about my last question." She continued.

"We're not doing anything." I say failing my lie as she glares at me, "Okay fine. We're just going to The Three Broomsticks and talk over butterbeer. It's not like it's a date or anythi-"

"Um to us it sounds like a date." Liz gestures to everyone behind her nodding. "Don't tell me after you get back from Quidditch practise that you didn't kiss Draco Malfoy. It happens all the time in the movies; you're practically Cinderella." She smirks.

"But this isn't a movie, and what happened was nothing like Cinderella. When she saw her Prince Charming they found love at first sight. Even if I did start dating Malfoy, we would've fallen in love under masks. We didn't even know who we were..."

"Neither did Charming!'

"But he knew how she looked like and loved her for her beauty and grace! When Draco and I danced, he liked the girl with the mask. Not me. When he saw it was me he looked disappointed, and so was I."

After that, we all stopped. All the things I said rushed in my head.

"I don't think he was disappointed. Not one bit." Liz says coming over beside me. "I think that we was just overwhelmed."

"Why do you think that?"

"Because. He has to eventually choose over love, and reputation."

"What makes you think we'll date? We can't even survive in a room together for more than 5 minutes."

She shrugs, "Right now I don't think Malfoy should be at the top of our minds. C'mon, let's open some presents."

But it didn't help. He was still invading what should be a Draco-free birthday. As long as we don't play Truth or Dare, I'll be fine.