twenty - seven ; extravaganza with the weasleys

Alana
It was almost curfew and I rushed to the dungeons, but I was stopped as I see a boy crying on a bench. He was a Gryffindor and when he saw me he started crying harder. I looked at him with sympathy as he rubbed his hands frantically. Umbridge. I slowly sit next to him and he looks up at me. I give him a small smile and take his hand. He doesn't fight and I whisper, "It's alright, it'll get better soon." He starts to slow down his stammering and then I hear footsteps.
I look up to see two red heads coming. Fred and George give me wide smiles and I wave back. They turn their attention to the little boy I'm comforting and decide to come over. George kneels in front of him while Fred sits on my left. They start giving him words of reassurance and I smile at this.
I notice Fred staring at me and I decided to look up at him, but he turns away quickly. I once had a small crush on Fred during the second year, but I decided not to go on further; besides he liked Angelina Johnson, so I didn't bother. I look behind him to see Harry coming by and I gestured him over. He didn't make it to the bench for we heard a fake cough. That bitch. She's lucky I haven't used the killing curse yet, though it was an idea. She said something to Harry which I figured was something she said earlier in the year.
Fred and George stand up leaving me and the little boy on the bench. Harry leaves just as Fred says something. "You know George, I've always felt our futures lay outside the walls of academic achievement." I smirk at them and I could feel a vibe of a prank coming.
"Fred, I've been thinking exactly the same thing."
They turn to me and I let go of the boys hand, nodding before standing up. "Whatever you two have in mind, I want in." They look at each other and then turn their heads to face me, a smile coming up on both their faces.
"Do you have any experience with fireworks?"

***

"Ouch!" I cry as George yanks a strand of my hair and puts it in a vial. "How'd you even manage to get that?" I stare at the Pollyjuice potion.
"It was an extra," he says casually.
"Exactly who's taking the potion?" I raise my eyebrow, "It better be a female because I'm not going-"
Fred laughs and throws his arm around my shoulders, "Don't worry about it," he starts. "Angelina." He calls as she enters the room. George hands her the potion and she gulps it down, not wanting to savour the taste. She drops the vial leaving shatters of glass on the floor. She then drops about 3 inches, her hair becomes thicker and wavier. Her skin starts to pale and her lips become pinker, then finally a wave of blue changes her eye colour.
"This is weirder than I thought." I say looking over... Well myself technically.

The plan was simple. Angelina disguises as me taking the test, as me and the twins prepare a few firework rockets. I had to sneak into the Slytherin Quidditch supply closet to get some Nimbus 2001s. This was going to be amazing.
I wouldn't be following Fred and George after the prank is done but I'll be hiding, knowing how Umbridge might just look for me. I throw Angelina an extra Slytherin robe and she slides in on.
"Anything I should know about before walking in there?" She gestures her thumb to the Great Hall.
"Uh yeah," I decided not to tell them about Draco and mine's new relationship just yet, "When you see Malfoy, just run the opposite direction. Sit by Hermione or any of my female friends in general." She nods, "And don't talk about anything Gryffindor." That causes Fred and George to snort.
"Okay go on, it seems people are starting to settle in already." Fred pushes Angelina/me slightly. It was strange watching myself run to the Great Hall. Oh shit. Malfoy just noticed her. I start to stiffen hoping he doesn't go up and kiss her, that would be hard to explain. He was about to talk to her when she suddenly takes my advice and hides herself in the crowd. I let out a sigh of relief and hold my chest. "Here," I say handing them both a broom.
"Got your fireworks?" George asks with a smirk.
I reveal my thousands of rockets in my pockets. "When are we going to-"
"Fifteen minutes in." Fred interrupts. "We'll use this," he holds up a large dusty pan. "To make noises and hopefully, lure her out."
"You guys take pranks very seriously." I say rolling my eyes.

15 minutes later

"Would you like to do the honours?" Fred gestures to the pan, holding a large stick with his other hand.
"Why thank you." I smile widely at him. I take the stick and before I know it, I'm blocking my ears from the immensely powerful sound. I do it again and again until we hear several taps of heels coming from the Great Hall.
"Mount your brooms!" George whisper-yells.
I hop on the Nimbus, leaving the pan on the ground. Soon enough, we see a confused and rather terrified Umbridge looking around. "Watch this." I say smirking. I take out one of the smaller rockets and set it off toward Umbridge. It twirls in front of her face before exploding itself behind her in the Hall. Then it was time. We shot off of the stairs and flew above Umbridge.
We let out chants and the entire room hops up and joins in. I take out my wand and send all their papers flying. "Sorry Hermione!" I yell jokingly. Looking around at everyone's face, they turn to realize Angelina's slowly turning back to herself. I let out a loud laugh and set off a few more fireworks. I smile uncontrollably and I fly down to Draco, he looks at me with surprise and I give him a wink before sending a firework to Crabbe, hitting him straight on the bum. "Ready when you are!" I call to Fred as he holds a very special rocket. The twins let out a faint laugh over the crackling fireworks before throwing it up in the air, causing it to explode; taking shape of a dragon. I turn to look at Umbridge who seemed to have her jaw dropped open. Then the dragon moved towards her, sending the toad to hop out of here. Just as she was at the doors, the dragon opens its mouth to capture her in its 'teeth'. Large fireworks came from him and sends all of the frames to crash down from the walls. I follow the twins outside and let out even more fireworks. Looking down on everyone so happy for once this year was amazing; knowing that I helped put that smile on their face is unimaginable. George releases a W shaped firework for Weasley, and then they fly off. Leaving everyone to clap and chant at the display we made. I noticed I was the only one in the sky, so I decided to fly down to the first person I see, Harry.
"That was bloody brilliant Alana!" He says unable to hide his smile.
"All thanks to Fred and George," I shrug holding my broom. Before I knew it, his smile was completely erased and he looked nauseous. "Harry?" I take a step towards him as he falls to the floor. I look around at the people staring, until I found the person I was looking for. "Hermione!" I cry to her, causing her to turn around. She wipes off her grin and runs over to me and Harry.
He regains his strength and I lean on one knee. "Sirius."
I clasp my hand over my mouth. I knew what he was talking about. It must be Voldemort, he must have taken captivity of him. I considered Sirius like a second father to me. Considering my dad knew the Potters very well, I knew him. He was always so loveable and kind. Sending him to Azkaban was quite hard for me. "Let's go." I say offering my arm to Harry as he stands up.