twenty - five ; on hold

Weeks went by and my 'friendship' with Draco became stronger. Adrian's officially left me alone, which was a relief. But I can't help feeling as if I'm about to be pushed against the wall if I turn a dark corner...

Aside from that; me and Draco have gone to Hogsmeade a lot. We talk all the time and it's comforting knowing that he's willing to be there next to me. That he wants to be with me. But the trauma that I've faced this year alone is increasing. I can't have a relationship knowing that if Umbridge finds out about the D.A, I'll be facing him. He'll think of me as a blood-traitor again.

We're practicing our Patronus charms again today and it went the same, but Hermione decided not to bother me with questions this time, and I decided to practice other spells; as Harry allowed me. Mostly everyone's developed it by now, the last patronus I saw fly around was Luna's hare... then, the walls stared shaking. I turn to Harry and give him a worried look. He notices and walks to the entrance. It's sealed but there was a strange triangular crack. Nigel walks up and looks through, but is un able to tell who or what is behind it before Harry shoves him out of the way. I hear a muffle as the ceiling rains dust on us. Harry takes Nigel by the sweater and pulls him back, causing everyone to back up.

    "Bombarda Maxima." A faint but female tone casts a spell, bursting the wall in front of us.

I grab on to Seamus Finnigan who's next to me and he holds me tightly, covering me from the pieces that flew at us. Before I can make out what's happening, I see a patch of blonde hair at the hole who brings in a member of the D.A. Cho Chang. He smirks at us all but then eventually catches my eyes. He lets go of her and looks at me hurt. Then his eyes dart to the Irish bloke whose arms are wrapped around me. I didn't realize that I clutched to his chest as I'm covered in grey dust. Seamus doesn't notice but releases me slowly. I continue my eye contact with Draco which to me, if looks could kill; Seamus would be dead. I can't help but to think that it is a tad weird that Finnigan, would be protecting me-a Slytherin. But I guess I could thank Harry, Hermione, and the Weasleys for that. Draco turned back to me and his expression changed. He looks surprised, but more angry. I couldn't bare to see him like this, especially because this was all my fault. I looked down and Seamus wrapped his arm around my waist, gaining my attention.

    "You alright? Malfoy's been staring at you the whole time." He says leaning down to me.

"I guess I'll deal with him later. I practically am betraying my house after all." I whisper looking up at him. He nods with sympathy in his eyes and we follow everyone out. I didn't notice that his arm was still around me until we passed Draco. Then I quickly took his hand and moved it away. Seamus didn't seem bothered, instead he kept walking. We were the last ones to leave, so Draco took me by the shoulder and made me look up at him as the rest walk off with my friends.

    "What are you playing at?" He spits at me.

"Nothing!" I knew he wasn't talking about Dumbledore's Army.

    "Are you seeing Finnigan?" He asks.

"Not in a million years." I roll my eyes in disgust. Although, Seamus was kind of cute; I couldn't deny that. And his accent oh my Merlin! Snap out of it Alana! No! Don't even think like that!

    "Other than that; I can't believe you joined Potter's group!" His face stiffens.

I back away from him and he slides his hands off my shoulders.

"I can't believe you didn't think that I wouldn't. You know me well enough to know that I'd do anything for my friends. Even if they're muggle-born, blood traitors, or Gryffindors." The feud between Slytherin and Gryffindor has gone on long enough. I'm planning to change that. "Tell me Draco. If I was a Gryffindor yet I was the same old Alana; would you be interested in me?"

    He looks at me, ignoring the fact that Umbridge and the rest are calling for him across the hall. He's choosing in his mind. I just hope he chooses the right answer. "No."

I gasp and flinch, as my eyes become blurry with liquid. I'm not going to cry over some boy. I'm not going to cry over some boy. I'm not going to cry over some boy. "Well then, let's go before we miss my punishment." I turn away from him and run fast towards the group, once I make it there I take in what he said. That git! That Slytherin bastard! Over a silly little group learning how to really defend yourselves, he snaps.

Draco

I watch her as she runs away, joining the group. I slowly follow and think to myself. I knew I made the wrong choice, what was I thinking saying no? But seeing her and Finnigan boiled me up more than it should've. Yes I was hurt she was against the Inquisitorial Squad but it hurt more to picture the punishment she's receiving. She probably hates me to the point where she might never talk to me again, but I wasn't going to let that happen. I just got the chance of being with her but I blew it.

"Alana wait up." I mutter trying to not grab the attention of the others. She turns to me with hatred in her eyes and whips her head back. Yup I'm screwed. "Alana. I'm sorry alright-" I was interrupted as she smacks me across the chest.

    "Sorry about what Draco?" She whispers, glancing at the others who've turned the corner. "Sorry about bursting in front of me? What was the reason Draco? Seamus or the D.A?" I try to respond quickly but instead it ends up as a stutter, and she leaves me again.

I run to her catching up to everyone and grab her arm, she rejects it quickly and I let go. "The reason was both, but mostly Seamus." I say telling the truth.

    She shakes her head and looks away from me.

"I'm telling you the truth Alana," I stop her by grabbing her by the shoulders. "I'm still waiting, and I'll keep waiting. Even if you've moved on to someone else, I'll wait."

    "I don't understand you. You're a complete git one moment and now you're apologizing?" She scoffs and turns away.

"I know, I don't really understand myself much either. But I understand one thing; and that is that I like you."     "Is it true then?" She asks.

"What's true?"

    "That if I was a Gryffindor..."

She didn't need to continue for me to answer, I walked closer and lifted her chin up so she could face me. "That was a complete lie. I would've fallen for you even if you were a muggle."

    She smiles brightly and just as I thought she was going to kiss me, she teased me and kissed my cheek. She laughed lightly at my disappointment but then stopped abruptly. "Draco," she says sounding softer; but the anger is still there. "Are you jealous?" She asks laughing a bit. I nod making her laugh louder this time. "Draco if he wasn't there I would probably have gotten knocked out from all the pieces right now." We start to walk again as she continues, "Besides, there's no reason to be jealous."

I let out a smirk as she turns her head forward. "And why is that?"

    "Because," then she grabs hold of my hand and entwine our fingers together in front of me. "You have me on hold."