fourteen ; chasing for a chaser

A day passes and I return to the dungeons from exploring.

"Malfoy!" Flint calls at me as I enter the Slytherin common room.

"I'm here!" I reply.

He runs down the stairs and sees me, "We have a problem." He starts panting heavily. I guess he ran around looking for me.

I don't question it and follow him to our dorm. The Quidditch team was there. I look around and I can't find Graham Montague, a chaser. "Did Graham go for vacation? He told me he was staying over break." I start to worry.

"See that's the problem," Flint continues as he walks across the room, trying to reach his bed, "Graham left for Durmstrang, and he's not coming back. His parents found out about his grades and thought Hogwarts wasn't a good choice."

"That little piece of-"

"Calm down Malfoy." Goyle tries to reassure me.

"How can I? Our first match after break is with the Ravenclaws and I heard they've been training everyday since the last time we beat them." Everyone looks at each other with even more worry than expected, "They won't be easy to beat next time. Especially with only six of us." I say continuing.

"We just need another chaser. Does anyone know someone that's ever played?" Flint asks everyone in the room, but they all shake their heads. Zabini doesn't move, so I made mine.

"Blaise." He looks up, he knew I would notice. "Do you know anyone?"

He sighs and stands up, "Yes. But you guys won't like it."

"It doesn't even matter at this point anymore, we need a Chaser." Flint adds, annoyed.

Blaise takes a second before telling us the name, "Alana Blanchard can play."

I shake my head frantically, I've already been through enough with her. "No. She twisted her ankle and now she's in the hospi-" I was interrupted by 2 girls opening their dorm and running downstairs greeting a black haired friend.

"We heard about what happened!" It was a bit muffled but I could hear it. We all leaned by the door to see what was going on. As the girl lets go of her friend... It's Blanchard. Her foot was healed and I could tell as she was walking perfectly. I close the door behind us hard and everyone returns to their spots, but standing.

"You were saying?" Crabbe smirks.

"She's a girl, girls can't play." I lied, I've seen her out on the field and she wasn't half bad. In fact she was great. Her small figure can zip through the other team with agility and speed.

"I've seen her on a broom Malfoy, no one else here can play like that." Zabini was right. Maybe having a change in the team wouldn't be as bad as I think. I'm hoping I won't regret this later on.

"Fine, but I'm not giving her the news. Knowing her stubbornness she won't say yes easily." I say angrily. I open the door to let everyone else out and take a seat on my bed.

"If you want I'll tell her," Flint smirks. I nod in response.