twenty - six ; officially mine

"Mr. Potter and Ms. Chang!" Umbridge calls from the front, causing Crabbe who held on to Potter, and Zabini who held on to Chang come up to the front. We were in front of Dumbledore's office when suddenly they threw Potter and Chang to be held on to two people from the Ministry. I could only make out the face of Kingsley Shacklebolt, I hadn't the foggiest of who the other guy was. They shut the door behind them, leaving us all alone. I didn't need to hold on to Alana because she would've been stupid enough to just run away.

    "Let go of me!" Granger squirms as a squad member holds her hands behind her back tightly. They all laughed darkly at her, I was about to join in when I look down to see Alana nearly moving to help her.

"Don't do it," I say whispering in her ear. "You'll get in more trouble than all of your friends combined." She was about to snap back when suddenly a loud boom came from the office and we all turned. It was all silent and confusing until the door opened.

    "Dumbledore is gone." Umbridge says regaining her posture. "There is no Hogwarts headmaster, for now." She turns to Cornelius and he nods in understanding. Umbridge is the new Headmaster of Hogwarts. Alana balled her hands into fists, ready to pounce. She started walking a bit but I grabbed her arm back. "Is there a problem Ms. Blanchard?" Umbridge turns, smiling deviously and ignoring the fact that Alana glared at her.

    She slowly let go of her fists and I released her. She held her head high and said in a fake tone, "No. Not a problem."

Umbridge annoyingly giggled and continued to talk about their detentions for the rest of the year. I heard groans and complaints but they kept it silent, trying not to upset her even more. Then she left with the Minister and the two, leaving us to take the others back to their common room as requested.

    "That toad! Who does she think she is? Dumbledore?! She's a cold and vile reptile disguised under a fat bubble of pink cashmere sweaters!!" Alana bursts in the common room, followed by her friends. Everyone turns and looks at her weirdly, most of them laughed. I couldn't deny what she said so I laughed along. She pouts angrily and falls on the couch, leaving her bag on the floor. I roll my eyes as I make my way over. Her friends say they're going up but she ignores them.

"I would have to agree on that last part." I say sitting beside her and stretching out my arms to rest on the head of the couch. She lays her head down on my shoulder and nuzzles herself on my side. I pull her in tighter and she rests her hands on her knees which have been brought up to her chest. People gave us weird glances but I gave them cold looks, causing them to turn away. "Enjoying yourself?" I say smugly.

    "How are you so damn warm?" She asks flatly.

"Let's be honest; I'm hot." I smirk as she smacks my knee.

    "Not now Draco."

I exhale deeply and wrap my other arm around her. "I'm sorry about all your detentions, but you chose the wrong side." This then causes her to move slightly to look up at me.

    "The wrong side? What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're on the side which can bring you the most trouble. You should've joined the I.S. That's the safer route."

    She then sits up completely and looks at me with no emotion. "Safer doesn't mean right." She stands up and picks up her bag, I stand up with her and she stretches a bit. "I'm going to sleep. See you tomorrow."

It was faint but I was able to make it out as she leaves the common room. I knew she wasn't angry at me, she was angry at Umbridge. I think. My thoughts were interrupted as people left, staring at me. "What?" I ask stepping forwards, making them run away. I straighten my robes and head up. It's good to be the Slytherin Prince.

***

A couple days passed and it was past curfew. I take a seat on the couch in front of the fire when three girls burst in. I turn to see Alana and her friends stretching their hands in pain. They ignore me and start up the stairs, "Wait Alana!" I say as she turns her head to me.

    She nods to her friends as they continue to the dorm. "Yeah?" She asks trying not to sound wounded. She rubs her hands as she takes a seat next to me.

I turn my position to face her and I take her hand in mine. My eyes widen as I realize it's been imprinted in her hand. "Is this really the punishment she gives you?" She nods and I realize I'm getting angrier by the minute, "That's-"

    "Yeah I know. I'm trying to forget about it so can we just not talk about it for now?" She asks slipping her hand away. "I'm fine," She gives a half smile.

I cup her cheek but she looks away. "Is it okay if I..." I start, but she looks at me and nods. I lean in and before I know it my lips have found its way to hers. I grab her waist and pull her in deeper, the kiss becomes more passionate as she brushes my hair, I lick her bottom lip for entrance and she agrees. I roam my hands up and down her back and she pushes her chest against mine so there was no more space in between us. She was softer and warmer than I thought. We soon realize that we needed to breathe so we broke it off, panting.

    Our foreheads touched and she says the first word. "I don't think you have to wait much longer," she smirks. My heart seems to lift up and I find myself smiling broadly. "But first," she backs away, our hands still in each other's, "You need to ask me."

I look at her in confusion until I smirk back at her. "Alana Blanchard," I start.

    "Yes, Draco Malfoy?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I say kissing her hand. She lets out a giggle and hugs me tightly.

    "Of course. If you promise to never take me to the Shrieking Shack."

I scoff and shake my head slightly, "Wasn't planning on it."