thirty - one ; new year expectations

Without thinking, I turn to Draco and pull a surprised face before slapping him harshly. "What the hell Malfoy!" I yelled at him.

He laid on the ground, clutching his cheek with one hand whilst the other supported his weight. "The fuc-"

He was about to cuss as he looked up at me but I gave him a 'play along' look. "Don't you dare come near me again!" I shout before running off to Ron. "That git." I mumbled loudly as I crossed my arms.

"Should I hurt him? What else did he do to you?" He bombarded me with question while looking back at Draco here and there through out his rambling.

I held up one hand to stop him, and he was waiting for me to say something. The only thing was; I didn't want to talk. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my forehead in the crook of his neck. "I'm so glad you're alright. I was beyond worried," I looked back at the rest of the group. "For all of you."

"Bloody hell Alana we were worried for you too! You disappeared so quickly we thought you were captured!" Ron exclaimed.

I gave him one more hug before finally looking around, noticing someone was missing. "Where's Harry?" I worriedly asked.

They all looked at each other before turning their gaze back to me. "He's still at the Ministry." Neville spoke up.

My eyes widened and I felt stiffening. "Is-is he alright?"

Neville shivers slightly but replies, "We don't know. All we know is that Dumbledore arrived and-"

As if on cue, there was a light breeze that washed over us and we turned our attention to the bruised Harry and Dumbledore. They looked as if they were in a Wizard War. "Harry." I breathe out before running over and hugging him tightly.

"Ow." He chokes out and I smile sheepishly, letting him go. "Alana, where did you go?"

I wave my hands around and drag him to a bed, "I got distracted and lost. Remus found me and we apparated here. What happened to you?" I ask as the others came around.

There was a long pause and I was beginning to think he wasn't going to reply. Then he took a big breath before saying something I hoped wasn't going to be needed confirmation. "It's certain now. Voldemort is back."

*~*

I was currently sitting on the bed as me and Harry just talked. It was a bit uncomfortable though seeing as Draco was in the same room, and I would catch him glaring at Harry ever once in a while if we laughed or if Harry got 'too close.' "So what was it like?" I asked.

"What was what like?"

"Fighting you-know-who." I responded, smiling up at Hermione who had just handed me a cup of pumpkin juice along with Harry.

"I didn't really fight him honestly," he turned a split second to look at Dumbledore, then came back to meet my eyes again. "Dumbledore did most of it." I nodded understanding while glancing at Dumbledore also. "Thanks for listening Ally." This caught my attention. He hasn't called me Ally since the third year. I give him a wide smile and he returns it with a small kiss on the cheek.

"You're welcome." I reply. I swore that from the corner of my eye, I saw Draco and Ginny both glaring daggers into us. "Um, I'll be right back." I say patting his knee. He just smiles and I make my way over to Ginny. "Talk to him." I nudge her forwards but she just gives me a confused look. "I know you like him Weaselbee now go." I joke and she obeys. I hear as they talk and I grin at them. Now on to a harder situation. I exhale and turn to walk to Draco.

When I finally make my way over he makes room for me on the bed. "What did you and Potter talk about?" He asks stubbornly.

"Nothing. Random stuff."

He scoffs and turns his gaze to me, "I bet it was more that just 'stuff.'"

I roll my eyes at him, "You're being ridiculous. He's just a friend," I take his hand discretely in mine and check around to see if anyone was looking; but they were all occupied on their own things. "I like you. No one else."

"I trust you," He detaches his eyes from mine and sneers at Harry. "I don't trust him."

"I'm not expecting you to. But he is my friend and you need to accept that I will be with him a lot. Just like he would need to do when he finds out about us." I inform him holding up our intertwined hands.

"When are you going to tell them?" He asks.

"I don't know. When it dies down then maybe I might." I say. "Why does it have to be so complicated?" I thought out loud.

"What does?"

I shrug, "Everything. Who knows what might happen next year."

He seemed to be lost in thought, but after a few seconds he replies. "Who knows..."