twenty - three ; friends with benefits

Draco

    I kissed her with every ounce of energy I had. It was passionate but I had to keep it gentle also, knowing how hard that 'moment' was for her. Not one girl has ever made me feel this way. Not one. They were all looking for attention and a guy to shag with. I was that type of person before, but with her... I was different. I knew that I've become soft, but does it really matter at this point? Soon I was going to be a death eater; I knew that. I needed to spend as much time with her as possible, without lies and risk. I couldn't help it for much longer and my thoughts flew out of the window. I went down to her pants and found myself at her buttons.

    Alana backed away from me quickly and pushed my hands off. "What are you doing?" She asked looking hurt and quite frightened.

I scooted towards her, my hand went for her cheek but she jumped off the couch. "I'm sorry I didn't mean-"

    She started stumbling but caught herself every time. She backed away from me as I started to follow her, her hand out as if scared I was about to jump on her. "Stay back." She kept eye contact, and she started getting teary-eyed again. She found herself at the staircase railing and turned away from me to run up.

"Alana!" I pleaded for her.

    She turned back, slowly. "Am I just a play toy to everyone now?"

"No. I'm sorry I just lost it. I forgot."

    She sighs, walking back down the stairs, holding the railing. "I know. I'm just still a bit frightened, and I'm not ready."

"That's alright. We don't have to start anything. It'll even be okay if you don't like me right now, because I'll wait."

    "How long will you wait?" She asks as if she didn't trust me.

"Until the sun burns out."

I wake up after a very eventful night. I knew I had to wait before she was able to call us official; but that means I have a chance. I wasn't planning on going soft that fast either. Thump. What was that? I pull on my robes and look to see Flint and Zabini are awake. "I'll go see what it is." They nod but still stand from their beds.

    "Get away from me." Alana says coldly. Someone's apparently holding her against the wall. Pucey.

"Get the hell off her!" I yell not caring that people may still be asleep. He lets go surprisingly quickly and looks at me in disgust. "Leave her alone. Everyone knows what you did Pucey."

    He scoffs, and walks closer. "And if I don't?"

        "Well then you'll need to deal with the rest of us." I see that Reeve and Pace have arrived. One of them must've said it, because I don't find myself with a high-pitched voice.

    He laughs wickedly. I form a fist but see that Alana is looking at me, frowning. I let it go, but only for her.

"Just leave. You're off the team Pucey." I say pointing downstairs.

    "Trust me, you need me more than you think."

"I see that. But I'm not risking you being anywhere near her." I gesture to Alana who smiles at me.

    "Oh but you can't keep me away from her. What are you gonna do when she's alone Malfoy? You can't expect to always be there for her."

"But I can try." I smirk trying to sound confident. He lunges towards me but I stop him, holding his fist. "I may be younger, but I'm not weak Pucey." I promised not to hurt him, but it took all my strength not to twist his neck and send his head to sink in the lake.

    Before I could've done anything, Alana knees him where the sun doesn't shine. I grin knowing that a girl can be tough when she wants to. "That's for the heartbreak." She then slaps him across the face, sending him to fall. "That's for the rape." And one final kick in the stomach, she stops. "And that's, for everything else."

"Remind me not to get on your bad side." I smirk holding her hand in mine.

    She laughs, but stops at what I'm doing. "Draco you know I-"

"Yeah I do. But can't I just escort a beautiful and..." I gesture to Adrian writhing in pain, "very tough girl to the Great Hall?"

    She smiles brightly, then kisses me on the cheek; sending chills throughout my whole body. "Yes. But I'm in my pyjamas. Let me change at least." She giggles before leaving and going to smack her friends in the head about something they said.

I wait for Alana in the common room and as I hear the sound of a door closing, I look up to see her in her uniform, carrying a bag over her shoulder. She stops abruptly and touches her cheek, it was still red but it's died down a bit.    

    "I forgot about this." She says still making her way down, clutching her cheek.

I stand up and walk over to her with my wand. "I'll help you with that." I take her hand away from her face and entwine our fingers. She looks up and smiles at me with her ocean blue eyes. I wave my wand before I lost control and kissed her right on the spot, and with that the scar and the redness faded. "All better now?"

    "Yes. Thank you."

"I think I deserve a prize," I ask with a smirk.

    "Oh," She says with a raised eyebrow. We walk to the portrait and swing our hands together. "And what would this prize be may I ask?"

"A kiss." I say opening the frame to let her out first.

    "Ha-ha nice try." She says sarcastically.

I roll my eyes and cross my arms in front of my chest. "Fine, but I still get a prize."

    "You're escorting me to breakfast. That's enough of a prize to me."

Then that's when it hit me. "Alrighty then." I walk behind her and she turns only her head.   

    "What are you-" I interrupt her by sweeping her off her feet-literally. I carried her in my arms and she laughed the whole way. "You're such a dipshit!" She says holding on to my neck. We make it in the Great Hall and she giggles at how many people looked at us awkwardly. "Draco people are watching!"

"So? I want them to know that I have you on hold." I say heading to the Slytherin table and placing her on my lap.

    She leaves one arm around my neck and looks at me, "On hold?" I nod. "What am I, a book?"

I let out a small laugh as she gets off me to sit on my right. I grab her hand and hold it on top of the table. She doesn't refuse and turns to eat her toast. Our friends eventually make it down and we haven't let go of our hands yet. They look at us weirdly but shrug it off.

    "So are you two dating?" Celeste asks raising both her eyebrows as she takes a seat across from us and smirks at Alana. She shakes her head and tells her what we're doing. "So technically; you're friends with benefits?"

"I guess you could put it that way." I say forking the sausage with my free hand. "C'mon. We have classes," I say standing up and letting go of her hand. "I'll walk you to Potions."

    She gets up and looks at me, "I can handle myself. I'll be fine Draco."

"But I just-"

    "Draco." She says taking both my hands, "If I happen to bump into him, I'll kick his balls out before he can say 'pumpkin juice.'"

I laughed but nodded, "Be careful."

    "I will, it's not like You-Know-Who's coming after me." She jokes walking away with her friends.

I grab my books and head out with Flint.

    "So..." He says waving his elbow on my side. "What's going on between you and Blanchard?"

"Nothing that's special at the moment." I say opening the door to Divination. "But I'll wait." I wave as he passes the classroom to head to Transfiguration.